Like Tree9Likes
  • 5 Post By kfields
  • 4 Post By jcmh1

Thread: .38 acp??

Member #
    Liked
    25 times

.38 acp??

Been here just a few days, and I'm blown away by some of the beautiful pistols I've seen so far. A lot of you guys have wonderful collections. And thanks for letting us see them.

My question is for those of you with any of the early Colts in .38 ACP. Is there anyone actually making that ammunition anymore, do you just reload your own, or do you have to be content to just look at them?

It seems to me that it would be difficult to own such a piece and not be able to actually shoot it.

Thanks again

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1404 times
    I'm a bit different than others here. I don't reload (just me) and I don't know about who may be making it today. For me, I visit gunstores, gunshows, flea markets, antique shows and antique stores. I've bought at every one of these type venues and now have about 800 rounds (new old stock boxes) stashed in my closet from just keeping my eyes open this year. I've paid a low of $9 to a high of $50 per box of 50. I don't shoot a lot through my 1902 military in .38 acp that I purchased early this year so I figure 800 will keep me busy for a long time. Oh, and I continue to look for more!
    Kim

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1033 times
    I also look for 38 ACP at gun shows and have been able to accumulate a number of boxes. Also buffaloarms.com has 38 ACP. I do shoot my 38 acp autos and they are fun to shoot.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    That's great. I'm glad there is at least one option for new cartridges for the older colts. Glad you get to shoot some.

Member #
    Liked
    15335 times
    Welcome to the forum Ash. So... where is your .38 Colt and what is it? 1900, 1902 or 1903? We like to look!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member #
    Liked
    355 times
    I reload for my 1903 Hammer. All the .38 ACP that I see at gun shows is way over priced. I did fine a box of Aguila .38 ACP in a small gun shop in Pa. for $20.00 for 50 rounds.
    USMC(RET.) 1969-1993

Member #
    Liked
    4214 times
    I managed to acquire a stash of Winchester .38 Automatic before we acquired a Colt. We have a Star 9mm/38: 9mm Largo/ 38 Auto.
    Seller had several boxes listed and for what he quoted for shipping I bought all he had. And then snagged a few boxes of Remington.

I reload, so I can make some up, and Graf & Sons has brass with the .38 Auto Headstamp.

Precision Ammo has .38 auto also from Graf's, and Wisconsin Cartridge offers .38 ACP.
    Ken
    "I like Colts and will die that way"

Sponsored Links