• 4 Post By inspcalahan
  • 1 Post By 1895win
  • 1 Post By MarkInTx

Thread: The Cincinnati Colt

Member #
    Liked
    15692 times

The Cincinnati Colt

When we watch a movie, this is the kinda thing I tell my wife about. It generally helps her sleep!
    I was re-watching The Cincinnati Kid. Rip Torn's character Slade has a one lane, shooting range adjacent to his great room. I was surprised to see him pull out a 1st. Model Match Target Woodsman equipped with fancy Franzite target stocks! He shot three times and, because he was shooting blanks, he had to pull the slide back for each shot.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NRA Endowment Life Member
    CCA Member

Member #
    Liked
    2757 times
    This Single Action Army was shipped to the Powell and Clement Co. in Cincinnati in 1915. I would love to have it, but it's quite a bit out of my price range. My father and I used to go to their store quite often in the 1950's but they have long since closed.
    - - Buckspen
    https://www.proxibid.com/Firearms-Mi...ation/51103203

Member #
    Liked
    843 times
    My Cincinnati Colt20180815_104056.jpg
    Powell & Clement 1893

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    802 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Bowles View Post
    When we watch a movie, this is the kinda thing I tell my wife about. It generally helps her sleep!
    Rick - glad to see I'm not the only one. I too, am one of the lucky ones that has a better half that tolerates/almost enjoys me pointing out the technical stuff. Nice detailed catch in that movie!

Member #
    Liked
    2486 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckspen View Post
    This Single Action Army was shipped to the Powell and Clement Co. in Cincinnati in 1915. I would love to have it, but it's quite a bit out of my price range. My father and I used to go to their store quite often in the 1950's but they have long since closed.
    - - Buckspen
    https://www.proxibid.com/Firearms-Mi...ation/51103203
    That's a real honey for sure.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    My wife hates it when we watch that sort of thing in the movies!!
    Sicario was on a week or so ago, and you can plainly see this special forces dude "cover" an insurgent group with an M4 with the BOLT LOCKED OPEN. People getting blown backwards from a gunshot, 7000 machine gun rounds fired with no one falling - yet a Walther PPK is somehow apocalyptic at a couple hundred yards, fireball explosion grenades. ...oh my that stuff sticks out.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    ei8ht likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1982 times
    My wife politely listens and nods. I thought she had tuned my comments out. Every now and then she notices something and asks about it.
    Both of my boys (full-house adults now) have started commenting around their friends.
    Rick Bowles likes this.
    "Cowards never lasted long enough to become real
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    ." --

Life Member: NRA, TSRA, NMSSA
    Action Pistol Director-TSRA

Sponsored Links