my favorite Colt 1911... colt custom shop Gold Cup
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By tallpaul

Thread: my favorite Colt 1911... colt custom shop Gold Cup

Member #
    Liked
    19 times

my favorite Colt 1911... colt custom shop Gold Cup

have had her since early to mid 80's, I haven't seen any like her but I have shot her alot...custom grips by knifemaker Darrel Ralph -it is likely my favorite -Love this gun!
    DSCN0764.jpg
    LEO918, rock185, sixguns and 1 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    194 times
    Very nice combo!

Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    Very nice. Both the gun and the knife.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    304 times

Thumbs up

tallpaul, The reason you may not have seen another like yours, is that it appears to possibly be one of the limited run of electroless nickle Gold Cups Colt ran through the Custom Shop, back just before the Series 80s were introduced, IIRC. If it is one of those, it would have come in a regular Colt woodgrain cardboard box with a greenish/yellowish Colt Custom Shop sticker on the end, noting the electroless finish and any other non standard features. I saw some GCs from that run that had non standard things like drop-in beavertail grip safeties, ambi-safeties, and a few with horizontal serrations on the front of the trigger guard. Colt also did Aces and Government models, and I have seen a photo of a Commander that reportedly has that finish. I had one of the Government models with the electroless finish, but no other special features. All I saw were very nicely finished, and I wondered at the time if the base guns were specially selected for the plating process, as some of my blued Colt guns from that era were not so nice....

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links