Muzzle of the Woodsman Match Target
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By somd_mustangs

Thread: Muzzle of the Woodsman Match Target

Member #
    Liked
    16 times

Question Muzzle of the Woodsman Match Target

I have been looking for a fine condition 2nd series Match Target (who hasn't) but wondered about the different appearances of the various models I have seen, specifically the crown/muzzle. Not sure if I recall correctly but should the muzzle be in the white and not blued? If so, that tells me the gun has been re-blued. It that a correct assumption. If so, from the many I have seen on Gunbroker, Guns International and other auctions, it seems that I have seen more re-blued pistols than not.

Member #
    Liked
    850 times
    The only experience I have with the Match Target is a 3rd series. Original finish, muzzle is blued. Hope that helps

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Thanks, I have a 3rd series Match Target which also has the blued muzzle. Just wondering why the 2nd series was in the white, if the gentleman that stated as such was correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by martin08 View Post
    The only experience I have with the Match Target is a 3rd series. Original finish, muzzle is blued. Hope that helps

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    687 times
    This Series II MT 4.5" barrel is blued and is original finish. I traded it awhile back so all I have is pictures to go on, but it was a nice clean original one.
    I can't think of a good reason for it to be in the white, other than someone monkeying with it after it left the factory.

Series II.jpg
    ei8ht likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links