Top Picks for 1911A1 Repro’s?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: Top Picks for 1911A1 Repro’s?

Member #
    Liked
    630 times
    That Turkish made SDS model is the bees’s knees, especially being made of all-forged parts (as opposed to Brazilian & Philippine castings). At that price I’d jump, if I didn’t already have a Vietnam era GI re-work. It seems to be far & away the most authentic one out there.

Member #
    Liked
    1071 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OIF2 View Post
    Well, since this is the Colt forum...I bought this 1911A1 Colt re-issue without box or papers. It had been fired, but not very much. I added some USGI parts, and I ended up with a genuine Colt, with a lot of GI parts thrown in for authenticity. Grips, mainspring housing, slide stop, safety, trigger, grip safety, firing pin and extractor were added. It's a great shooter, and looks pretty good, too!
    Bob
    Excellent job Bob. The G.I. parts really look nice. I like it!
    Last edited by texagun; 02-09-2020 at 08:16 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    743 times
    Quote Originally Posted by guy sajer View Post
    While marketed as a WWI repro I think it's worthy of a look . GI's were definitely carrying a lot of 1911's during WWII .
    Colt's latest entry O1911M .

https://www.colt.com/detail-page/1911-black-army
    Hey Mitch, is the O1918 replica still available? I prefer its rollmarks.
    guy sajer likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4610 times
    Quote Originally Posted by guy sajer View Post
    While marketed as a WWI repro I think it's worthy of a look . GI's were definitely carrying a lot of 1911's during WWII .
    Colt's latest entry O1911M .

https://www.colt.com/detail-page/1911-black-army
    I had a thought about the Colt 1911/GM retro, but an A1 type was more in line with the question, but sure why not.

I personally would be more inclined to get the 1911 over the 1911A1 as I'm a fan of the longer trigger, with the Colt Elite 1911 style being my favorite. I also like the classic frame without the finger cuts.
    Last edited by kenhwind; 02-09-2020 at 08:19 AM.
    Ken
    "I like Colts and will die that way"

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17459 times
    Quote Originally Posted by desron6 View Post
    That Turkish made SDS model is the bees’s knees, especially being made of all-forged parts (as opposed to Brazilian & Philippine castings). At that price I’d jump, if I didn’t already have a Vietnam era GI re-work. It seems to be far & away the most authentic one out there.
    I’ve noticed on Classic firearms website, they have two different UPC codes for what appears to be the same gun, except I’m wondering if slightly lesser expensive is the original .. based off of plenty of reviews for it on other websites, and the other UPC codes gun is a newer finish. The description calls it a “black finish” I think. I dunno. The SDS website is sort of sparse and sheds no light.. only lists one and no UPC code. The classic firearms website actually does a better job listing the gun with multiple views.
    JTom, Capps and Unlucky Ned like this.
    🔫 WWYS

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17459 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AEROCOLOR View Post
    Hey Mitch, is the O1918 replica still available? I prefer its rollmarks.
    You talking about the mid 2000’s Black Army reproduction or the current Black Army?

I used to know the production numbers of the mid 2000’s 1918 Black Army. Seems like it was between 2000 to 4000 guns. This new one is only 750.
    JTom and Capps like this.
    🔫 WWYS

Member #
    Liked
    743 times
    I think that's the one.
    It came in a Custom Shop two piece blue box with a Kraft box included.
    Inspector marked frame and Pony on the slide. O1918?wm_3326877_1581264236325.jpg
    Last edited by AEROCOLOR; 02-09-2020 at 09:02 AM.
    Unlucky Ned and Hanshi like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17459 times
    Only ones are on the resale market.
    The O1911 is the Carbona finished with serial ending in WMK Tends to be the priciest. $1600 and up usually. Resale market only.
    The O1918 is the same gun with “black army finish”. Serial ending WWI Cost little less than The Carbona finish on average , but still well over $1K. Resale market only.

The ANVIII. Same gun same finish as the black army but rollmarks are commemorative and different than the previous two. Serial ending is 1911. Usually lesser expensive than the previous two. Still over $1K Resale market only.
    JTom, Capps and Unlucky Ned like this.
    🔫 WWYS

Member #
    Liked
    784 times
    Ok, a little clarification needed. Colt has produced 2 “Black Army” repros in the last 20years? With the most recent offering representing more of a loose historical “interpretation” ie A1 grip safety, lack of rampant colt on slide and 1991 trigger? Was the 1st 1911 Black Army repro they released in the early 2000’s considered to be the more historically “accurate” of the 2? Also, a quick look on Gunbroker seems to suggest these Colt repros are going for as much, if not more than many shooter-grade originals. Is that an accurate read?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17459 times
    Pretty much yes on all accounts I do believe.
    🔫 WWYS

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links