Top Picks for 1911A1 Repro’s?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Like Tree134Likes

Thread: Top Picks for 1911A1 Repro’s?

Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    As indicated above Auto Ordnance is the closest clone, I put mine next to my DCM (1963) Colt and From a couple of feet away it is hard to tell which is which.....and it does not say “Made in Philippines” any where on it.

Member #
    Liked
    108 times
    Had one of the GI Springers, unhappily traded it on a G43, of all things.
    Mine looked a lot like a '43 Remington Rand, except for the poly grips. Found GI grips online and solved that problem.
    Moon

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Copied this from a post I made on a similar thread (modified a bit). I have about $600 in this Auto Ordnance parkerized model. Purchased used but in very good condition & not fired much. Added a USGI stamped trigger, replaced magazine with USGI magazine, USGI mainspring housing w/ lanyard loop. It does have a slight bevel in the magazine well and is Series 80 instead of 70, but you can’t always get what you want.

Now I have a GI 1911A1 clone that I’m not afraid to shoot a bunch. Complete with tiny sights that old guys like me that actually used them can’t see very well any more.

45.jpg

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Owned a Cimarron high polish once. Liked it. Shot well. The thing I didn’t like most was that in order to remove the the slight magazine bevel, they just ground off the bottom of the grip frame, instead of making a casting that didn’t have the bevel in the first place. Sold it.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    three1911a1.jpg

My USGI's, Turkish Tisa on the left, 1945 Remington Rand in center, and RIA on the right.
    DeaconKC likes this.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links