2 Bullets Lodged in Colt Python Revolver!!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: 2 Bullets Lodged in Colt Python Revolver!!!

Member #
    Liked
    3600 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Olle View Post
    I agree. And really, what's so special about a barrel change? Seems like they want to boost basic gunsmith work as something fantastic that only they can do.
    But they used 3 exclamation points!!!
    Last edited by weagle99; 07-04-2017 at 09:40 PM.
    MarkInTx likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    4017 times
    Quote Originally Posted by weagle99 View Post
    But they used 3 exclamation points!!!

I am just going to block their posts.
    Yeah, that might be a good idea. The problem is that there will be nobody left to cut through the crap, just look at the comments in the "dragon gun" thread. Somebody scratched a pattern through the bluing, and they're making it sound like the gun was engraved. In yet another thread they're working on guns that "have been burnt in a fire!!!", and I was really excited to see what this would be, Come to find out, the actual damage was just some minor, superficial bluing loss, possibly from being exposed to some kind of fire retardant. Exaggerations like that get old pretty darn quick.

The sad part is that people buy into it and think they're doing something magic. They do good work, but their sales pitch seem to be geared toward those who don't know crap about gunsmithing.
    Signal_20 and MarkInTx like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gun repair and restoration

Member #
    Liked
    2169 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dandak View Post
    Wonder if the barrel can be cut back to 4"?
    Yes it can be cut back to 4" but since you are cutting it back or changing the barrel, why not make it 3" and have something custom and something that many people want and can't be had. It will cost you lot less than $15,000 or some other astronomical number.
    "In Africa, the saying goes, 'In the bush, an Elephant can kill you, a leopard can kill you, and a Black Mamba can kill you. But only with the Mamba is death sure.'Hence its handle, 'Death Incarnate." -Kill Bill vol 2 (Tarantino,2004)

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2169 times
    Since it won't be original any longer collector value is gone.
    "In Africa, the saying goes, 'In the bush, an Elephant can kill you, a leopard can kill you, and a Black Mamba can kill you. But only with the Mamba is death sure.'Hence its handle, 'Death Incarnate." -Kill Bill vol 2 (Tarantino,2004)

Member #
    Liked
    4017 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KMKCOLT View Post
    Yes it can be cut back to 4" but since you are cutting it back or changing the barrel, why not make it 3" and have something custom and something that many people want and can't be had. It will cost you lot less than $15,000 or some other astronomical number.
    These barrels should only be cut back from the rear. The sight ramp is tapered, and if you cut the front section off you would also have to weld up and machine a new sight ramp. It wouldn't surprise me if somebody has tried it, but I wouldn't recommend doing that much welding on a barrel.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gun repair and restoration

MAM

Member #
    Liked
    1345 times
    If the admins don't care, doesn't bother me. And if they do good work I don't mind seeing their work.....if you know of other smiths that can do the work they do, sing their names from on high.....I would like to know a good colt smith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    7.62Kolectr likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3600 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MAM View Post
    .if you know of other smiths that can do the work they do, sing their names from on high.....I would like to know a good colt smith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Frank Glenn in AZ offers high quality work at a reasonble price. Fast turnaroud time too. Highly recommend.

MAM

Member #
    Liked
    1345 times
    Quote Originally Posted by weagle99 View Post
    Frank Glenn in AZ offers high quality work at a reasonble price. Fast turnaroud time too. Highly recommend.
    Thanks.....I have a cylinder that needs fitting to a SAA and also would likevto reblue a python.......

Member #
    Liked
    3600 times
    Mr. Glenn only works on double actions I believe. Jim Martin is a member here and is a well regarded SAA gunsmith.

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Olle View Post
    I agree. And really, what's so special about a barrel change? Seems like they want to boost basic gunsmith work as something fantastic that only they can do.

They are trying to clean up now that Colt no longer works on revolvers & that CCS is now down to 2 from 6 gunsmiths.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links