Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RHM

Thread: Mustang .380 Extractor and Ejector Tuning

RHM

Member #
    Liked
    31 times

Mustang .380 Extractor and Ejector Tuning

I recently replaced a broken extractor on a buddy's Mustang .380 with a Jack First Gun Parts' new production bar stock extractor. The part dropped in and functioned fine during the first range session. Ejection is slightly forward, at about 2 o'clock. I'm not sure what the normal is, but most videos I see of others shooting them looks like ejection is closer to 3 o'clock. On a 1911, 2 o'clock is not desired, but I have never heard of shortening the ejector or changing angles on it like I would normally do for a 1911. I'm looking for guidance from any of you with experience tuning Mustangs since it is not my area.

Curious1 likes this.

*** ColtForum MVP ***

Member #
    Liked
    7952 times
    Much of standard 1911 extractor tuning techniques should work.

Set the tension of the extractor, and give it the same bevels as a 1911 part as a start. Make sure the extractor isn't "clocking" or rotating in the slide.

Here's some info on tuning the 1911 extractor, and there's some video on the Brownell's site.....

https://www.m1911.org/technic2.htm

However, if the gun is reliably extracting and ejecting I'm not sure worrying about 2:00 o'clock ejection versus 3:00 o'clock is a concern.

Member #
    Liked
    3967 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dfariswheel View Post
    However, if the gun is reliably extracting and ejecting I'm not sure worrying about 2:00 o'clock ejection versus 3:00 o'clock is a concern.
    I agree. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gun repair and restoration

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links