Liked
    168 times
    I just make my own base pins.

https://youtu.be/EvHp40L6FbU
    kenhwind likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    4264 times
    Well because the stocks on the Uberti are too slim imo, I prefer a fuller grip like the Colt SAA Eagle Grips, I ordered some "rough" or unfinished stocks from Taylor's along with a new base pin.
    The last time I shot this Uberti it tore up my trigger finger. anyway I'm still inclined to get a Belt Mountain base pin, but for the less then $10.00 for a new Uberti pin was a no brainer.
    Ken
    "I like Colts and will die that way"

Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    I have a Uberti/Cimarron Bisley which came with the Uberti "Safety" base pin. I replaced it with a Belt Mountain pin which not only did away with the safety acpect, but also removed some sideplay due to the Uberti pin not fully engaging the rear frame hole. Gun now locks up tight.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4264 times
    Well Taylor's parts order is on hold, this is what happened the last time I ordered from them.
    Ken
    "I like Colts and will die that way"

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Mentioned I think before in this forum, I replaced one of those "safety" Base Pins on my Uberti El Patron with a Belt Mountain Pin shortly after I purchased the Pistol.

The regulation Colt Base Pin they sent fit absolutely perfect with NASA like precision. No need of any sanding required. Matched the Pistol perfectly in finish-bluing, a noticed a bit less Cylinder Slop-Wobble as well. All felt tight, rock solid.

Liked the fact that the Pin Knob-Flange has a ground "Flat", that the Pin cannot spin-rotate within the frame, another nice plus.

Member #
    Liked
    268 times
    I've run into this problem a few times with some of my Uberti's and my favorite replacement base pin is one from a Ruger Blackhawk. Ironically, I found out they work in Uberti's because I replaced the pin in my Flat Top Blackhawk with a Belt Mountain, then afterwards discovered that the pin from the Blackhawk works perfectly in Uberti's. And at a fraction of the cost of a Belt Mountain.

Cholla

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links