Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Defender feeding problem

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4751 times
    I had the exact same issue with my Colt M1991. Put in a Wolf 19# single spring type. Never looked back. Worked 100 % perfect as it did new. Just a suggestion my friend.
    - Terry -
    " WVCOLT "

" God created man, but Samuel Colt made them equal "
    " I carry because I'm too young to die and too old to run "

Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Well, took it the range yesterday after installing the 21 lb spring from Wolf. Using S&B 230 FMJ, It still jammed with Colt and with the new Wilson mag I purchased. Installed the 19 lb last night and will try to get back to the range today. Probably should have tried the 19 lb first.

After talking to a retired military buddy, Iíll also be paying closer attention to my forward thumb placement. Itís possible I cloud be inadvertently contacting the slide causing friction and feeding issues.

Very frustrating as this Defender is one of my favorites and shoots so accurately for such a short barrel. Iíve had it for a couple years now and this issue pops up out of nowhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Went back to the range today with the 19 lb springs installed and paying closer attention to my grip...same issue. Once every mag or two it would jam trying to feed the next or last round.

Now Iím searching for a reputable gun Smith in the area. Any other suggestions?

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Okay, just got my defender back from gunsmith. He ported the chamber and adjusted the extractor. Said he shot semi wad cutters, hollow points and round ball with no issues. I wonít be able to test myself until next Saturday but hopefully this has taken care of the jamming issue.

Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Finally got to the range and my issue is resolved. Not sure if the porting job, the extractor tune or both did the trick...Iím just glad itís cycling without issue.

Thanís for the help here on the forum!

binggo likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links