Arvo Ojala holster
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Arvo Ojala holster

Member #
    Liked
    625 times
    This one is an Andy Anderson. Far rarer than an Ojala. The seller didn't realize what it is but I've told him; because Andy did not mark his sets. Bob Arganbright tells me that's because Andy figured knew his work when they saw it, if they themselves knew what they were doing. It's in .22 loops but I expect the holster is a 44 frame; not uncommon to have the big frame in .22 but mighty uncommon to have a .22 frame fast draw set! It's a 38" waist so the ideal collectible (resale value remains higher than a very small, or very large waist size).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Western-Cowboy-Old-West-Frontier-Holster-Rig-Leather-Gun-Belt-Movie-Prop/283505549671?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.S EED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3D2f873 01c73aa45a085654cb9afe92084%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D 1%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D283505549671%26itm%3D283505549 671&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pagec i%3A787ed365-8733-11e9-8240-74dbd1804cef%7Cparentrq%3A254f2de916b0a4b7b6cf497c fffb9af7%7Ciid%3A1

5.jpg

Seller may indeed upgrade his auction title so anyone interested, shouldn't wait; because the value will rise when he does that (not least because more people will notice it).
    Red Nichols
    The Holstorian (tm)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I am the daughter of Arvo Ojala. . The Legendary Hollywood Gun Coach ., Originator , designer , maker of The metal lined Fastdraw holster Copy right Holder 1954

I am sad to see such assassination of character of my Father . By the way you did not originate any faster a move that you showed my father., he was doing those Fastdraw techniques in the late 40s and I have record of them and video of them done with Audi Murphy.. His best friend . As far as designing the holsters he did make every holster that was for any star that he worked with and trained. Although he did hire Alfonso and Andy Anderson , who lived at our house and my mother made his meals my mother also had kept a record of everything he even ate and he slept on our couch. My father’s (on the record ) had on a police report his dies ...2 of them , stolen When he was filming To Tell The Truth .. on the Johnny Carson show . His workers ... hmmm we’re watching the Lankershim shop . So as you know you’ve got the real deal here I am also a technical director and fastdraw instructor. SAG actress . In regards to another statement , my father picked every hide by hand . That is a protocol my dad followed strictly. There’s an old saying I wasn’t there I don’t know ,,,,military. I was there I do know . And I have proof. Kindly refrain from any character assassination . My family is here present with me. As you know you’ve got the real deal here . Be respectful
    Last edited by Fastdrawgal; 10-04-2019 at 08:33 PM.
    rednichols likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    625 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastdrawgal View Post
    I am the daughter of Arvo Ojala. . The Legendary Hollywood Gun Coach ., Originator , designer , maker of The metal lined Fastdraw holster Copy right Holder 1954

I am sad to see such assassination of character of my Father . By the way you did not originate any faster a move that you showed my father., he was doing those Fastdraw techniques in the late 40s and I have record of them and video of them done with Audi Murphy.. His best friend . As far as designing the holsters he did make every holster that was for any star that he worked with and trained. Although he did hire Alfonso and Andy Anderson , who lived at our house and my mother made his meals my mother also had kept a record of everything he even ate and he slept on our couch. My father’s (on the record ) had on a police report his dies ...2 of them , stolen When he was filming To Tell The Truth .. on the Johnny Carson show . His workers ... hmmm we’re watching the Lankershim shop . So as you know you’ve got the real deal here I am also a technical director and fastdraw instructor. SAG actress . In regards to another statement , my father picked every hide by hand . That is a protocol my dad followed strictly. There’s an old saying I wasn’t there I don’t know ,,,,military. I was there I do know . And I have proof. Kindly refrain from any character assassination . My family is here present with me. As you know you’ve got the real deal here . Be respectful
    G'day from Down Under, Inga. New information about your father will always be welcome to holstorians, and the more you can add to what we know, then the more informed people's discourse can be about him and his contributions to fast draw. Holstory is full of people who are considered saints by some and devils by others; likely me included so please don't take it personally, I don't. We earn our reputations individually and they are not a reflection on our families (I think my artist son is actually ashamed of me for being a gun person! It kind of tickles me). I would ask you to give us lots and lots of specific information about your Dad so that we can correct the records but generalities don't advance the cause.
    lounick likes this.
    Red Nichols
    The Holstorian (tm)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links