Colt Forum banner

I out grew my favorite gunbelt so I made it longer

2K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  Wyatt Burp 
#1 · (Edited)
When I made this cartridge belt in 1985 I had a 31" waist but now it's 36". I was on the last hole so decided to make it longer. Just relocating the billet wouldn't do. I unstitched 2" of the lining on the tongue end and tapered the underside to match the tapering on the addition to avoid it being thicker where they connect. Once the tongue was relocated I then added five bullet loops stitched intentional crappy to match the old primitive loops. They cover up the original billet stitching holes.I wore this belt a lot because it's very comfortable and fits different holster well. I didn't care about making it look pretty. Just like something an old west saddler might do for a guy. Now it fits perfect again.

Before:

After:

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice work, but what an unusual problem... :rolleyes:

#5 ·
It seems that experiencing "personal growth" is not all it's cracked up to be.

Reactions: ei8ht
#8 ·
I suspect that few Colt collectors have made and tooled their own holsters and gunbelts. Perhaps you, like myself, bought our leather carving tools and other equipment from Tandy in the 1950's-60's. Accordingly, you will always have a level of understanding of the antique holsters and gunbelts that is above that of other collectors. Learning a new skill is always a good thing.

#16 ·
Your moggie looks like mine Matt. Do you still have that awful dawg that hates Tranters?

View attachment 652243
We have a neighbor cat that looks just like yours. They all hang out in our yard because I feed the birds so it's like a buffet over here. They caught one an hour ago but it escaped. Here's our dog Cassius who's no longer with us. Don't know about Tranters but he liked these.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.