Like Tree29Likes

Thread: I out grew my favorite gunbelt so I made it longer

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Quote Originally Posted by victorio1sw View Post
    I suspect that few Colt collectors have made and tooled their own holsters and gunbelts. Perhaps you, like myself, bought our leather carving tools and other equipment from Tandy in the 1950's-60's. Accordingly, you will always have a level of understanding of the antique holsters and gunbelts that is above that of other collectors. Learning a new skill is always a good thing.
    I still have my Tandy tools I bought back in the 60's. I still use them to make knife sheaths for knives i buy. I have a money belt that is 5 inches to big for me that I will cut down to my size this winter. Should be an easy fix.

Member #
    Liked
    12322 times
    Quote Originally Posted by iloco View Post
    I still have my Tandy tools I bought back in the 60's. I still use them to make knife sheaths for knives i buy. I have a money belt that is 5 inches to big for me that I will cut down to my size this winter. Should be an easy fix.
    I still use the handful of tools my dad gave around 1972, tools others gave me they found at garage sales, and tons of tools and material I found at the flea market over the years. I was recently given a box full of rolls of 1960s thread still in packages along with more tools but homemade ones (top picture). Besides holsters I'm also the family cobbler fixing my wife's and daughter's shoes many times. I only use about 25% of the tools seen here behind my cat. My primary tools are in that blue & grey box on the shelf that's portable since I usually work in the patio or in the house.

Last edited by Wyatt Burp; 08-23-2019 at 06:40 AM.
    459459 and PotassiumNitrate like this.

Member #
    Liked
    457 times
    Nice work WB and thanks for sharing. Love those work bench photos. Your cat has the same looks on its face that I get when I’m down to my last Coors...
    Wyatt Burp likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Nice work. I’m lucky to be friends with a saddle maker (perk of living in Amarillo). It’s amazing what those guys can whip up

Member #
    Liked
    1329 times
    Your moggie looks like mine Matt. Do you still have that awful dawg that hates Tranters?

IMG_0225.JPG

Member #
    Liked
    12322 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranter45 View Post
    Your moggie looks like mine Matt. Do you still have that awful dawg that hates Tranters?

IMG_0225.JPG
    We have a neighbor cat that looks just like yours. They all hang out in our yard because I feed the birds so it's like a buffet over here. They caught one an hour ago but it escaped. Here's our dog Cassius who's no longer with us. Don't know about Tranters but he liked these.

ussmanlovede36 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links