Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By hwjhfs
  • 2 Post By rednichols

Thread: ID this holster by the tooling?

Member #
    Liked
    1909 times

ID this holster by the tooling?

This little holster is for the Colt 1903/1908 pocket hammerless pistol. I am no expert but it appears to be well made and have nice carving. Can you folks ID the maker by its construction and tooling? Only visible clue is on the back and what looks like, written in pen or pencil, is "308 A". Thanks!

Jackson and SHOOTER13 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    664 times
    I can speculate without being sure: it's plausibly a Colorado Saddlery in part because they were all Heiser designs with their own little touches on them; and one of those touches was rolling a pattern onto the strap; which Heiser didn't do. Nevertheless Colorado Saddlery's model numbers were stamped into the backside of their holster and were 4 digits; and though Heiser's were 3 digits, again they were stamped into the leather. I'll really go out on a limb and say that because the pencilled marking is always the fitment, it was meant to say 380A as in 380 Auto. Regardless if it's a CS then it's post 1945 when that company was formed.
    SHOOTER13 and hwjhfs like this.
    Red Nichols
    The Holstorian (tm)

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links