Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mikebiker
  • 1 Post By dogface6

Thread: Vintage SAA holster has been modified

Member #
    Liked
    1164 times

Vintage SAA holster has been modified

I bought an early 1900s SAA recently and it came in this old original store-brand holster. The holster is marked for a 4 3/4” SAA and it fits the gun like a glove so I am sure the pair has been together for a long time. The holster is marked in a couple of place with the “RMP” stamp. The problem is that the holster was modified (a lot) sometime in its life. The toe was cut back, the throat opening was enlarged and the holster was cut loose from the skirt and then the two were sewn together at the top with a rawhide strip. There are even two or three places where fine wire was used to hold things together.

Can anyone tell me the vintage of the holster? It it has some value I will put it up for sale. Any estimate of its value? Thanks.

51843D99-BEA2-4E9E-AC5D-8B7A93796859.jpg E008033C-9B57-4B17-8EBD-A5CB96F707CC.jpg AE1C7F82-9DA4-4B14-804D-FCBADAE95A1B.jpg

Member #
    Liked
    1796 times
    The condition and the modifications just about kill any serious value. It may still bring a few busks on eBay.
    rednichols likes this.
    This all started with one gun!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member #
    Liked
    10654 times
    This is what could happen in the bunkhouse over a long winter...

It'd make a good display of that setting, along with a well-worn SAA, but it really has little value.
    rednichols likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links