The Big Official Vintage Movie firearm discussion Thread
Page 101 of 108 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1072
Like Tree8742Likes

Thread: The Big Official Vintage Movie firearm discussion Thread

Member #
    Liked
    179 times
    Read the book by Jeff Guinn, "Go down together" about Bonnie and Clyde. Probably the best book about them.

Guinn doesn't believe Bonnie shot anyone. Their accomplice, W.D. Jones, said she was a hell of a good reloader for he and Clyde.

Great book, if you are interested in them. I saw the movie and liked it but I don't believe Bonnie was the bloodthirsty killer like she was portrayed in the movie.

The two cops were killed by Clyde and Henry Methvin, not Clyde and Bonnie. Clyde said let's take them and Henry fired, not realizing that Clyde meant to take them hostage.
    Douglas Jr. and les.b like this.

Member #
    Liked
    179 times
    I am not saying Bonnie was totally innocent. I just like accurate information.

Member #
    Liked
    2449 times
    About 20 years ago I read the book "I'm Frank Hamer" as written from notes in the Hamer family after his death. Although it has been 20 years since reading this fascinating book, at least some of the Bonnie & Clyde section can be found portrayed in this new movie by Kevin Costner. As an example was the suspicion that getting support from local Louisiana law officers should be preceded by a background check on them. Also in that book it was explained that Hamer offered a deal to Methvin regarding Texas crimes, but didn't know that Henry Methvin was also wanted in Oklahoma.
    Ugly, Douglas Jr. and les.b like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    838 times
    * * * SPOILER ALERT * * *

In the scene where the lawmen are discussing wiretaps and a black car comes around the corner blowing the horn and the passenger gets out and throws something over the fence . . . it's my car and I'm driving!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by up196; 01-07-2020 at 07:54 PM.

Capable of using typewriter if necessary. - "Jerry" Campbell, 1934

I don't have the time for multi-tasking, I'm too busy doing a bunch of other things.

Member #
    Liked
    1906 times
    Read the book Texas Ranger epic life and times of frank hamer.

Personally from what I have read about it and Hamers limited comments on the investigation from books about him and his contemporaries, Bonnie was every bit the cold blooded killer she is portrayed to be. In fact, Frank Hamer testified in Defense of Billie Parker and Floyd Hamilton about Bonnie being the shooter and she had bragged about it. In addition William Schieffer, the eye witness to the whole event testified it was a man and woman who did the shooting. Henry Methvin was asleep in the car. Also, Bonnie opened fire on officers Boyd and campbell in Oklahoma before either Clyde or Methvin. In Lucern Indiana, every witness confirmed Bonnie did the vast majority of the shooting and in Okabena Minnesota, she fired at Citizens narrowly missing shooting a bus fool of school children. Btw, Bonnie was no good girl. Prior to joining up with Clyde she was a well known prostitute in Dallas. Also, do consider Clyde didn't go on his violent streak until after he and Bonnie began dating.

Member #
    Liked
    263 times
    Quote Originally Posted by toucan View Post
    Read the book by Jeff Guinn, "Go down together" about Bonnie and Clyde. Probably the best book about them.

Guinn doesn't believe Bonnie shot anyone. Their accomplice, W.D. Jones, said she was a hell of a good reloader for he and Clyde.

Great book, if you are interested in them. I saw the movie and liked it but I don't believe Bonnie was the bloodthirsty killer like she was portrayed in the movie.

The two cops were killed by Clyde and Henry Methvin, not Clyde and Bonnie. Clyde said let's take them and Henry fired, not realizing that Clyde meant to take them hostage.
    Thanks for the tip about the book.
    I am also interested on Frank Hamer bio, "Texas Ranger: The Epic Life of Frank Hamer, the Man Who Killed Bonnie & Clyde" by John Boessenecker.
    Douglas
    les.b and ei8ht like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2449 times
    Quote Originally Posted by up196 View Post
    * * * SPOILER ALERT * * *

In the scene where the lawmen are discussing wiretaps and a black car comes around the corner blowing the horn and the passenger gets out and throws something over the fence . . . it's my car and I'm driving!

"...it's my car and I'm driving!".
    WOW! HOW ABOUT THAT? SMALL WORLD, I GUESS.
    Colt-SL, Kurusu, les.b and 2 others like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1552 times
    I just recently watched the Costner film on Netflix, and I had no trouble accessing it. Very enjoyable film. And Im old enough to have seen the Binnie and Clyde film in a theater when it came out...was never very happy about the glamorization of these two criminals. I enjoyed the Costner take. But especially enjoyed the guns and cars!!
    Kurusu, 459459, DeaconKC and 1 others like this.
    Best Regards, Les

Member #
    Liked
    2488 times
    The Warren Beaty version was made in 1967 and it was a sign of the times in Hollywood. Vietnam War was on and Hollywood hated government so they glorified the bad guys while making the good guys evil. In a culture that is built around movies you can understand where we are today. I long for the good old days of Colt SAA guns in the hands of good decent men fighting evil. Hopefully there will be a comeback but I dont think the current stars in Hollywood carry the values it would take. Costner is one of the few that can sell an old value oriented cowboy movie and he did great in the Highwaymen.
    DeaconKC, TheTache and les.b like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    272 times

Outlaw Josey Wales

Page 101 of 108 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links