"Factory" or "Fake" Sight Tool Question?
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By bsmalley23
  • 2 Post By Hard8
  • 1 Post By wolfcoln

Thread: "Factory" or "Fake" Sight Tool Question?

Member #
    Liked
    49 times

"Factory" or "Fake" Sight Tool Question?

I'd like to find a jenyouwine Colt keychain sight tool for an early New Frontier .22. I saw a post here the other day about a fella from Tenn. who sells "New" boxes and when I did an EB search for the sight tool his name was one of the ones that popped up. I also found this ad (Vintage Factory Original Colt Screwdriver Tool Python Woodsman Diamondback Etc | eBay) and was wondering if anyone could tell me if it is factory? I know it's only a few bucks but I'd hate to put a single penny in a huckster's pocket. Thx for the help, Doc.
    Last edited by Hard8; 10-01-2016 at 09:31 AM.
    My friends really do call me Doc.
    CCA, S&WCA, NRA Life Member-RSO-Cert. Instr., IWL, Lackland A.F.B. Alumni Class of '72.

Member #
    Liked
    2592 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hard8 View Post
    I'd like to find a jenyouwine Colt keychain sight tool for an early New Frontier .22. I saw a post here the other day about a fella from Tenn. who sells "New" boxes and when I did an EB search for the sight tool his name was one of the ones that popped up. I aslo found this ad (Vintage Factory Original Colt Screwdriver Tool Python Woodsman Diamondback Etc | eBay) and was wondering if anyone could tell me if it is factory? I know it's only a few bucks but I'd hate to put a single penny in a huckster's pocket. Thx for the help, Doc.

The one you linked to is not the hustler from Sparta, TN. He uses the ebay name Blovit, Vikrant on GB I think.

The one linked to looks original to me and the price isn't bad. Although you never know these days. Maybe he got them from TN and they are fakes. Most likely he is telling the truth though.

Somebody else with more expertise on these tools will have to chime in.
    wolfcoln, ei8ht and Colt-SL like this.
    6" Python, 357mag, Blue, '75-------------------4" Diamondback, 38spl, Blue, '77
    2.5" Python, 357mag, Blue, '72-----------------2" Detective Special, 38spl, Blue, '68
    2" Cobra, 38spl, Blue, '61

Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bsmalley23 View Post
    The one you linked to is not the hustler from Sparta, TN. He uses the ebay name Blovit, Vikrant on GB I think.

The one linked to looks original to me and the price isn't bad. Although you never know these days. Maybe he got them from TN and they are fakes. Most likely he is telling the truth though.

When I looked at his (Sparta Tn.)listing it almost appeared like a child had drawn the Rampant Colt. Like I said, it's not a lot of money but the idea of supporting a faker in any way rankles. Doc
    ei8ht and Abwehr like this.
    My friends really do call me Doc.
    CCA, S&WCA, NRA Life Member-RSO-Cert. Instr., IWL, Lackland A.F.B. Alumni Class of '72.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    5174 times
    If it is a fake, it is a pretty good one. I think it looks manufactured, not faked.

Quote Originally Posted by bsmalley23 View Post

ei8ht likes this.
    .45 or More!

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links