TheColtGuy’s display at the CCA Show
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree133Likes

Thread: TheColtGuy’s display at the CCA Show

Member #
    Liked
    3236 times
    As always, another great display. Well done Cam!
    thecoltguy and ei8ht like this.
    The West wasn't won with a registered gun.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    It's a shame that not more is known about Diamond Ted's life, eg his auto racing career. Even less is known about his wife, Jackie, who, apparently, balanced the glass balls on her head when he did his backward, mirror shooting. One of the items I acquired a while back is a bone-handled knife with an inscription on the sheath, "JTL". Do you know whether she might have done knife throwing with the 101 Ranch show? It could be that her middle initial was "T", hence the "JTL.

The Consummate Collector

Member #
    Liked
    17337 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zoombag View Post
    It's a shame that not more is known about Diamond Ted's life, eg his auto racing career. Even less is known about his wife, Jackie, who, apparently, balanced the glass balls on her head when he did his backward, mirror shooting. One of the items I acquired a while back is a bone-handled knife with an inscription on the sheath, "JTL". Do you know whether she might have done knife throwing with the 101 Ranch show? It could be that her middle initial was "T", hence the "JTL.
    Thanks for your interest and welcome to the Colt Forum.

I have never heard that Jacki did any knife throwing but I guess its possible.

I do have a scrapbook that shows his life starting as a young performer and continuing to his old age when he was a security guard and then finally passed away.

Here is a picture of Ted in his race car:

Also, it wasn't his wife Jackie that was his assistant when shooting his Colt Camp Perry while looking at a mirror. I have an article that talks about the girl and her husband played in the band shown in the photo.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    616 times
    You have the best stuff I’ve ever saw Cam, if I ever become very wealthy, I’m going to try my best to buy your stuff lol. Both these pieces are amazing as usual!!!
    thecoltguy likes this.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit such crimes... such laws make things worse for the assualted and better for the assailants: they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man" Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

The Consummate Collector

Member #
    Liked
    17337 times
    Gus, thanks and I appreciate the kind words.

Member #
    Liked
    467 times
    Thanks for the pix Cam. As you know I didn't make last years show. Hope to be there this year.
    Detectives, and Cobras, and Agents
    Oh My!

The Consummate Collector

Member #
    Liked
    17337 times
    Quote Originally Posted by weagle99 View Post
    Cool display.

Is there any additional government paperwork required to own that smoothbore New Service?
    It appears that I neglected to answer this question when it was originally posted and for that, I apologize. Colt only built about a dozen or so smoothbore New Services. They do fall under the gun control act of 1934 however each can be easily removed with a request letter to the BATF. Each one that I have owned, a total of four, are now listed in the C&R booklet that the BATF provides and have been removed from any regulations so that ownership and transfer are the same as any other New Service.

The Consummate Collector

Member #
    Liked
    17337 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DFrame View Post
    Thanks for the pix Cam. As you know I didn't make last years show. Hope to be there this year.
    Rick, you were missed and I look forward to seeing you again this year. I wish we could get back to a night of Karaoke music. You and Nate were just terrific at running that. While I hold the title as the: Worlds Worst Singer, I do enjoy watching and listing to others who know what they are doing.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Dtl

Quote Originally Posted by thecoltguy View Post
    Thanks for your interest and welcome to the Colt Forum.

I have never heard that Jacki did any knife throwing but I guess its possible.

I do have a scrapbook that shows his life starting as a young performer and continuing to his old age when he was a security guard and then finally passed away.

Here is a picture of Ted in his race car:

Also, it wasn't his wife Jackie that was his assistant when shooting his Colt Camp Perry while looking at a mirror. I have an article that talks about the girl and her husband played in the band shown in the photo.

Thanks, Cam. I didn't know about Diamond Ted's target (victim?). She was clearly a very trusting soul and her husband, understanding. I guess it will remain a mystery about the knife, but it must have meant something to DTL as I acquired it with one of his belts and two holsters, one of which is marked DTL. He was, indeed an interesting character.

The Consummate Collector

Member #
    Liked
    17337 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zoombag View Post
    Thanks, Cam. I didn't know about Diamond Ted's target (victim?). She was clearly a very trusting soul and her husband, understanding. I guess it will remain a mystery about the knife, but it must have meant something to DTL as I acquired it with one of his belts and two holsters, one of which is marked DTL. He was, indeed an interesting character.
    Can you please post pictures of the holsters and knife? Sounds interesting. Are they by chance the holsters shown in the above photo that he is wearing? I will try and locate the article that I have on the lady that assisted him.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links