Cimarron/Pietta "Laser engraved TR" in .45 Colt.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Cimarron/Pietta "Laser engraved TR" in .45 Colt.

Member #
    Liked
    14708 times

Cimarron/Pietta "Laser engraved TR" in .45 Colt.

Anyone else seen one of these? I was impressed enough with the over all fit and finish with the laser engraving to pick one up. Will shoot it in the morning with very few changes. Hoping for the best! Model and whole seller is, Cimarron Arms, Teddy Roosevelt Laser engraved, by Pietta. Please excuse the late night photo posted here. I couldn't do the gun justice at 1AM.

Last edited by Cozmo; 08-05-2017 at 12:16 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    1580 times
    Yahoody,

I have one of Taylor's Firearms Laser engraved and then "hand chased" to make the engraving look more like "real" engraving. My revolver looks great and shoot fine. I had to little work to do removing some burrs on the frame under the Trigger Guard.

I was not expecting a lot with the engraving, but when it arrived at my LGS, everyone there was impressed the same as I was. Mine came with a one-piece set of regular Uberti stocks. I removed the awfull varnish back to bare wood and refinished with a low sheen, warm walnut color. Mine was also in perfect time with the Bolt being profiled correctly. I felt lucky with that! Let us know how it shoots.
    Cozmo, krag96, colt03 and 1 others like this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1438 times
    I have the Uberti version, and I like it pretty well.

https://www.coltforum.com/forums/phot...ng-budget.html
    Abwehr, Cozmo and krag96 like this.
    ---
    "Bridgeport?" said I, pointing.
    "Camelot," said he.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2034 times
    I like it better than their silly Patton gun.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    22408 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Abwehr View Post
    Yahoody,

I have one of Taylor's Firearms Laser engraved and then "hand chased" to make the engraving look more like "real" engraving. My revolver looks great and shoot fine. I had to little work to do removing some burrs on the frame under the Trigger Guard.

I was not expecting a lot with the engraving, but when it arrived at my LGS, everyone there was impressed the same as I was. Mine came with a one-piece set of regular Uberti stocks. I removed the awfull varnish back to bare wood and refinished with a low sheen, warm walnut color. Mine was also in perfect time with the Bolt being profiled correctly. I felt lucky with that! Let us know how it shoots.

Marvin, I saw a pair of the Taylor 'hand chased' engraved Ubertis a while back! I was very impressed with the enhancement that was done. The LGS had that matched pair. When I went back planning to buy them, they were gone.
    Abwehr likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    4195 times
    Quote Originally Posted by saintclair View Post
    Marvin, I saw a pair of the Taylor 'hand chased' engraved Ubertis a while back! I was very impressed with the enhancement that was done. The LGS had that matched pair. When I went back planning to buy them, they were gone.
    Been there done that several times.
    Abwehr likes this.
    Ken
    "I like Colts and will die that way"

Member #
    Liked
    14708 times
    True one piece PVC grips And a Colt 1st Gen profile front sight. A removable cylinder bushing if you are a Gorilla that has a large hammer and a cylinder pin to spare. Timing is spot on. Big deal to me that they got that right! Trigger breaks cleanly at about 4.5#, no creep and a little take up that helps balance out the heavy trigger. It a little heavier than I would really like but it is fine for the moment.

I wasn't convinced this one (the TR model) was nickel plated. Looked more like stainless to me it is so bright. But indeed on closer inspection it is nickel which seemingly (but not really) covers some of the engraving's depth. It does require one to look closely to see just how much effort Pietta put into these guns. But I sure like the detailing. Nickel is just an added bonus for a gun I plan to haul around on a horse.
    Last edited by Cozmo; 08-03-2017 at 01:05 PM.
    krag96 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1580 times
    saintclair,

My Taylor's is really well done, but the only item that the "buffer" of the revolver did was to buff the rounded portion of the Frame. The laser engraved and NOT chased, show a little too much buffering. Other than that, the job was well executed. I bought mine about 5 months ago and the action is sweet! Taylor's and Cimmaron's look great. Uberit engravers have done a great job on them.

16743877681_b0dff0223f_b.jpg

Member #
    Liked
    14708 times
    Any of you guys shooting yours? How do they shoot?

Member #
    Liked
    1580 times
    I have fired 2 Cylinders full (12 Rds) just to make sure it fired with no problems. All went well and I was shooting 250 gr. RNFP lead bullets with 5.4 gr. of Trail Boss. This is not a full bore loading, but very pleasant to shoot. I was not out for target shooting accuracy, but all on the 6" diameter paper and I was happy. I was shooting a liitle low and to the right at 10 yds.
    Cozmo likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links