Standard Mfg. Single Action revolvers
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Standard Mfg. Single Action revolvers

Member #
    Liked
    519 times

Standard Mfg. Single Action revolvers

I wrote an email a few days ago about availability of the new Single Action that was announced a couple of years ago at the SHOT Show. It was a nice surprise when I received a fairly quick response, although a bit of a snarky one..in a nutshell, he said they are making them now. They got a large order and are working on that. Now for the, what I think was a bit rude to say to a customer, "If you need it right away, there are many other people making them." Maybe I am just too sensitive, but I have been working with the public at their best and worst times for over 40 years and would never say that to a customer.

Member #
    Liked
    3169 times
    It's good to hear that they're in production. I'd love an opportunity to see a production example.

Best regards,
    Garret44CAL likes this.
    My opinion is free, and worth every penny of it.

Member #
    Liked
    14774 times
    "If you need it right away, there are many other people making them." Maybe I am just too sensitive,
    Ya, no. You aren't too sensitive in my book. Gives a reason for one not to buy from a company with that has kind of customer support. You'd think they were Colt.
    Last edited by guy sajer; 09-08-2017 at 04:56 AM. Reason: language

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2912 times
    "If you need it right away, there are many other people making them."

Wut?? he wrote you that???

Find the company president and send the email to him..
    Last edited by guy sajer; 09-08-2017 at 04:56 AM. Reason: language

Member #
    Liked
    547 times
    That reply makes me wonder if they're actually making single actions.
    what would you say and Cozmo like this.

Member #
    Liked
    9142 times
    I dunno, it sounds like the plain truth to me. I had a friend that was a bit rough like that. When someone called him on being too brazen I heard him simply answer, "Whats the matter, does the truth hurt?"
    nowinca likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    15397 times
    I don't remember Standard having it at last years SHOT show, but they did at this years show... which was many months ago. The single action was video featured by Jeff Quin of Gunblast And he interviewed Standard Manufacturing in which they showcased the gun.

For comparison, Colt featured the Colt Cobra at SHOT and they've even managed to get some out the door by now.

The only talk since then has been inquiries on this forum in which a few of our members that may be "in the know" have hinted to not hold your breathe on the gun.
    I don't know if they're really making it or not... but two things-

1. They're is no other USA parts made single action clone being built currently- certainly not several. So choices are slim and slim just left town. Either an Itailain clone, or a Colt SAA is the choices for a truly newly built gun, the latter being hard to find and expensive.
    2. A recommendation from a company to look elsewhere is a good indication they're not really making the gun OR they don't give a rat ...leading his donkey ... about their customers.
    Last edited by what would you say; 09-08-2017 at 07:47 AM.
    Cozmo likes this.
    🔫 WWYS

Member #
    Liked
    14774 times
    Be nice to have a another choice. We all are well aware of the related problems from different times or current @ Colt, Cimarron, Pietta and Uberti or from the past USPFA/USFA guns.

Here is the current production Standard from their web site. Which is way better than the 5.5" gun they showed earlier. Some really nice detailing on this gun (beveled trigger guard, checkered hammer, tapered ejector rod housing, and fit and finish are good examples of "great") but other areas look like they are straight from earlier Ubertis and nothing I would want. Not sure I'd be willing to start all over again with an unknown Company in the SAA arena with an example like this. YMMV.

The more I look at this gun the more it reminds me of the earliest Uberti guns (not saying it is a Uberti) built and fininished by USPFA. Looking at this gun also makes me think someone who really knew what they were doing designed and built the frame and major parts and then left the project to someone else to finish. As the barrel and sights clearly don't fit the frame. Someone made a rather glaring error there and still followed through building the gun from inappropriate and undesirable parts.

Lots right here..but some glaring errors that tell me Standard has no clue WTF they are doing. Like the last 5.5" gun with the front sight improperly placed. On this gun? Tapered narrow front sight and a square notch rear. How about a two line barrel address for a 4 3/4"? A proper Colt shaped front sight? Instead it is a butt ugly early Uberti 45 front sight. It is clear to me no one is shooting a SAA at Standard. These are still suppose to be legitimate firearms right? If you are looking to better Colt or something to compare to the best USFA guns, to date, this isn't it.

Last edited by Cozmo; 09-10-2017 at 01:39 PM. Reason: it is a 45 barrel not a 38 as I first though

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    690 times
    I love my SAA pistols, and I love the folks on this forum. But, the last gun I would ever build, would be one that had the detail obsessed buyers like SAA buyers.

Member #
    Liked
    14774 times
    OK, on reflexion and 2nd look I'll kiss their ass if that isn't a Uberti barrel and front sight from VTI

the last gun I would ever build, would be one that had the detail obsessed buyers like SAA buyers.
    If you and your entire crew aren't detailed obsessed building a SAA you are guaranteed to fail.
    Last edited by Cozmo; 09-08-2017 at 08:51 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links