Looking for tips on selling something
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Looking for tips on selling something

*** ColtForum MVP ***

Member #
    Liked
    7976 times
    As above a US Postal Money Order is the best method of getting paid.

I once sold a few non-firearms items on ebay and back then you could specify the method of acceptable payment.
    I made it clear that ONLY a USPS money order was acceptable.

One buyer sent me some sort of bank money orders. I'd never heard of the bank and returned them to the buyer.
    I'd heard of people using fake bank money orders, and you often never knew it for weeks until it was returned as a fake.
    He was upset, but my auction post was clear about what method I'd accept.

As above the safest ways to sell are to put it on consignment at a gun store but you may need to cut the price a little to allow the store their profit. However, since you don't have to charge for shipping that might be a wash.
    It's usually safe to sell through an online site like Gunbroker, **IF** you sell to a member with a lot of good feed back.
    You can also usually do it safely by selling on this forum to a member in long standing.
    tphillips98 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    496 times
    Since you didn't specify what that "something" is you want to sell, helping you with specifics is a little hard. Might help to know what, quantity, condition, and size. We are assuming this is a gun but might not be?

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    If selling and you accept anything other than just USPS money orders, I tell the buyer that the item(s) will not be shipped until the instrument of payment clears his bank. It might take 3 days, or it might take 3 weeks, I don't care, the item(s) don't leave my possession until the money id firmly in my bank account. I have never had a buyer complain about this. If they complain, that is a HUGE red flag and I'll stop the sale right then and there. Even with USPS money orders, you can check them by taking them to your local PO and have them check/run the number on the money order to see if it is legitimate (they can be counterfeited but it is not easy so most crooks don't try - but some do).
    tphillips98 and 459459 like this.
    Ron
    USAF (Ret E-8 1971-1997)
    NRA Benefactor Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    82 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pointman View Post
    Since you didn't specify what that "something" is you want to sell, helping you with specifics is a little hard. Might help to know what, quantity, condition, and size. We are assuming this is a gun but might not be?
    Handguns... I haven't made my mind up on the quantity yet. I'll post in the appropriate section soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links