Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: SWAMPRAT Hugh Clark's Sons Selling some guns

H&C

Member #
    Liked
    116 times

SWAMPRAT Hugh Clark's Sons Selling some guns

Gents, we are back in Alaska and have settled back into our semi-normal routines after the passing of our Father. I even took my brother on a waterfowl trip to Sitka Alaska to chase some Seaducks and we had a blast spending time together with a good friend. Dad would of enjoyed that trip and we talked of him often.

We have finally had time to reflect on over the last couple of months. We have inventoried all guns, knives, gunsmithing tools, barrels, cylinders you name it...its been a chore. Hours and hours organizing and straitening up over 50 years of memories.

We have returned and read allot of the post regarding your kind and respectful comments and we thank you all.

We want you to have a chance to own a part of his Colt, SW, Winchester, Savage, Luger and gunsmithing collection. We are currently selling knives on Ebay under Knifeman302. His collection was extensive and we have decided to part with many.

We also have consolidated the guns into lists and would like to offer you the ability to purchase some of these beautiful guns. We can only shoot so many and as much as I would love to shoot a bear or Blacktail deer up here with everyone of them, its just not going happen..

Please email us at [email protected] to ask for a list. I have them broken down into the following, Colts, SW, Winchesters, Savages, Remington's, Lugers, etc. Be patient as we both work days, and are 1-4 hrs behind the lower 48, depending on here you are, but will reply as soon as we can. We will answer any questions, provide honest feedback, provide any and all pics and information we can to ensure you have everything you need to feel comfortable in dealing with us. You are the experts. Prices on the guns we have are what dad had on the computer program next to them. We are keeping many as expected and am working with a couple of his friends that have an extensive background regarding these guns. That being said,,please feel free to provide an honest price quote in doing so. please understand we are drinking from a firehose on this and this was his life long passion, left to us and while we want to share this with you we want everyone to be an honest broker... Now, if someone wants to help us on some we are still researching, we would be honored to work with you. If anyone has any advice or recommendations on other sites or ideas on selling some of the other guns, please let us know.

I thank you again for everything you have said regarding our father on this forum. He loved his Colts and his variety of guns and knives, but he truly held places like this near and dear to his heart. It's because of this we want to give you guys a chance to help us. In a year or maybe sooner we will start gathering information regarding auction houses etc. So lets have some fun, as I'm sure our Father would have approved. This is where these guns belong.

Please share this with anyone who would be interested.

Thank you for your time,
    Hugh and Chris
    Last edited by H&C; 12-28-2018 at 11:11 AM.
    Gator89, oberon, Colt-SL and 11 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2812 times
    Wow, very thoughtful of you. I’m sure that the members of this forum would cherish owning something from Hugh’s collection. Never got to meet your dad but had him do some work for me, always admired the great guns he would post pictures of for our enjoyment. Good luck with your sales and know there will be good caretakers of his prized possessions.
    H&C likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1070 times
    Class act in trying to share your fathers collection with like minded types! Take your time and do it as you see fit but, remember to keep an eye out for those "special" one's that were near and dear to him, as those belong with you guys longer.
    H&C likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    224 times
    Sorry for your loss.
    H&C likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    9652 times
    We should hope that we can support the culture in a similar fashion when our own equipment becomes available.
    This is a fine and noble tribute to a solid gun guy and a world class artist.
    Colt-SL, skwcoltguy, H&C and 2 others like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    14100 times
    A great way for many here to keep his memory close and his legacy alive by owning his treasures.

Be sure to keep some for yourselves as well! God bless!
    Tony

“It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carry the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life, or death ---- it shall be life.” - Ten Bears - “The Outlaw Josey Wales”

Member #
    Liked
    114 times
    Sorry for you loss and I did send an email requesting the list. I would be honored to add a piece to my collection
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
    Always looking to purchase 1st generation colt SAA's lettered to any where in Arizona.

H&C

Member #
    Liked
    116 times
    Gents, as expected, we are blown away by the response. Thank you all for the emails and words of advice. We will be busy to say the least in the coming weeks... I will start forwarding emails today and start with the first one received and work my way through them.

Please understand the task at hand and have patience as we work through this.

Thank you all again for your kind words. We look forward to sharing this with you all.

Hugh and Chris.

Member #
    Liked
    1611 times
    H&C, I think that the way you have decided to handle your wonderful Dad's outstanding collection is just terrific! Many of us here knew Hugh, to a greater or lesser degree, through this forum, and through dealings had with Hugh because of this forum.

Hugh was a great guy, and earned a stellar reputation here.

Giving us an opportunity to perhaps acquire some specimens from Hugh's collection is a huge honor to use here at Coltforum. Thanks so much for that privilege.
    SHOOTER13, H&C, deyomatic and 2 others like this.
    A lawyer, but NOT YOUR LAWYER.

Member #
    Liked
    12758 times
    Like Father...Like Son

Gents, your Father would be Proud...!!

H&C and 68python like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NRA Life Member since 1977...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links