• 1 Post By Bullet Bob

Thread: Any good metal gun case makers?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    669 times

Any good metal gun case makers?

So are there any good metal gun case makers left or new ones popping up? I purchased a used older Smith and Wesson Case which a PC revolver had came in at a LGS a few months back, it still had the 5 extra sight blades in it. I started using the thing and after about 20 openings or so, one lock is not out of commission with no hopes of repair I’m afraid. Think I paid 100 or 125 for it, the blades probably worth that. This was not a “good” case, it was made in China. I got to liking the case and now looking for a good maker. Old saying I found holds true here, You get what you pay for.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit such crimes... such laws make things worse for the assualted and better for the assailants: they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man" Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Member #
    Liked
    9978 times
    Look for a luggage repairman in the biggest town next to yours - there are still a few of them out there.
    big_gus likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3917 times
    The thread heading does not follow too closely to the text, but the finest all-metal cases I have seen are those made by the Kalispell Indians in Montana. I have several, including some custom sizes, that have been in use for decades and still are mechanically perfect. The company has started up again and was at the 2019 SHOT Show in the "Next" area.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    568 times
    If you want to spend some moolah for a case that has an illustrious reputation, it's hard to beat Zero Halliburton. I assume there are used ones in the usual places for less.

https://zerohalliburton.com/collections/camera-cases
    bczadnm likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links