Colt Forum banner

Medical Smackdown

5K views 61 replies 58 participants last post by  Colt-SL 
#1 ·
Most likely a goodbye.

Over the years I've greatly enjoyed discussions & learning from people here.
A great forum run by a great moderator.

A month ago the kidneys finally gave out.
Hospital time, dialysis now, and the dialysis not going well.

This has forced a medical retirement, ending a 30-year writing career.

As the publisher uses up stockpiled material, you'll still see my name in print here & there, but I'm in the middle of my last piece, a tribute to two great friends; one a buddy with a learning disability I've known his entire life who just made his Eagle Scout, and the other a certain gun company owner with a huge heart who contributed to that Court Of Honor in a very special way.

I've had a great time discussing guns with you here, hope I've been helpful with info in return, at least SOMEWHERE along the way. :)

Guns are in the background for the foreseeable future, I may or may not be back.
This is the first forum I've looked at in weeks, because that Venturino kid got with me privately. :)

Best wishes to all, keep that powder burning!!!!!
Denis

See less See more
#5 ·
So sorry to hear this DPris, I’ve had a couple of life checks that brought me back to reality but none as bad as this sounds. I do wish you the best and will say a prayer for you now... John 3:16

Reactions: krag96 and ei8ht
#11 ·
Best wishes. As the saying goes...you might not be able to control the wind but you can adjust your sails.

#15 ·
Prayers ascending!

Reactions: krag96
#20 ·
Damn Denis. Will add you to my pray for list. Hopefully the medicos can work out the dialysis issue sooner then later. My higher power, besides having a great sense of humor has decided to keep me around. In the last 5 years I’ve gotten through a significant heart attack and a pulmonary embolism, Why me to survive and others not? I don’t question it any more; I just wear life like a loose robe theses,these days! Hang on Denis live each day to its fullest!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.