A choice between 2 family colts...
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: A choice between 2 family colts...

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1762 times
    I would go National Match for sure.
    CHECK OUT MY HAND MADE PISTOL RACKS FOR YOUR FAVORITE HANDGUN! 1911's, revolvers, or whatever. I make models to safely and securely fit most popular sizes. Like us on Facebook
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Website coming soon!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    12813 times
    Hold them both in your hands, at the same time. Look equally at both; no time limit. Put one down; keep the other.
    68python likes this.
    Tony

“It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carry the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life, or death ---- it shall be life.” - Ten Bears - “The Outlaw Josey Wales”

Member #
    Liked
    8684 times
    I would sit down with the cousin and get his input. With either gun your a big winner. Guns arent worth a family fight. (Except for the ones my ex stole). I cant tell you how many I have and have had pass through my hands. I wanted them all. But the truth is the majority of them have only been shot a few times and have spent 99.99% of their time sitting in my dark safe. Then someday we find ourselves a old man and wonder what we should do with them or what worthy is going to get them and will they care at all? If a person has just one or a couple they get used a lot and mean more. When you have 50ish none got used to the point they deserve family heirloom status. I aint making points here, am I?

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    21030 times
    The 1st Gen SAA would be my choice!!
    Hootch56 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Hard choice, but I would have to take the SAA due to the close family connection.

Member #
    Liked
    1377 times
    Well my older cousing who got to pick ahead of me originally choose the gun I was hoping to get. But he has changed his mind and asked if I would be ok with him picking the NM instead. I am completely fine with that as it means I get the 1896 .45 that my grandfather carried on the ranch and was the first single action I ever shot!

I am thrilled!
    rayb, 22_Matt and oberon like this.

Member #
    Liked
    496 times
    All's well that ends well! Everyone is happy - and most importantly, no family arguments!!

Member #
    Liked
    2295 times
    I like what Oberon said, take the SAA and buy the NM from your cousin if you can.

Member #
    Liked
    10904 times
    Whether picking a car, suit, or wife, pick what you want, and not what someone else wants.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    615 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP View Post
    Whether picking a car, suit, or wife, pick what you want, and not what someone else wants.
    This is about as sound advice as anyone can receive. I have found myself buying guns I thought were mediocre simply because everyone was and I thought the thing to do. After awhile I think why did I buy that, I don’t even really like it that much. Everyone is impressionable at least a little if they admit it or not. The Colt python is a good example. Me personally I really do like the python, but I saw SAA collectors and woodsman collectors dumping their guns at a bargain to buy inflated “snake” guns comparatively at the time. This was a phenomenon in the gun world I personally have never seen before. I think it just comes down to the old saying keeping up with the Jones. Some want to beat the Jones. Me personally, I’d just as soon the Jones move to the nice gated community on the other side of county and prosper there . By using Johnny’s advice, I think the OP already knows which he likes better.
    Last edited by big_gus; 04-17-2019 at 09:10 AM.
    Hootch56 and waltesefalcon like this.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit such crimes... such laws make things worse for the assualted and better for the assailants: they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man" Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links