Ingram m11
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Ingram m11

Member #
    Liked
    1384 times

Ingram m11

While buying a bunch of ammo from a retired gentleman, he showed me a full auto gun he was selling, an INGRAM M11, with MAC / Cobray / RPB markings, chambered in .380 ACP.

From Wikipedia : The rate of fire of the M-11A1 is one of the biggest complaints on the firearm. Listed as approximately 1,200 rpm the MAC-11 is capable of emptying the entire 32-round magazine in less than two seconds, which many users view as a drawback.

Rate of fire will also vary depending on the weight of bullets used. The gun also has a selector switch that allows it to fire only one round at a time in the semi-automatic mode.

Noting the weapon's poor accuracy, in the 1970s International Association of Police Chiefs weapons researcher David Steele described the MAC series as "fit only for combat in a phone booth."

Member #
    Liked
    14491 times
    Love the phone booth quote! I've shot both the M-10 and M-11, both had supressors. I wouldn't shoot it without something to hang on to. Of course the sights are a waste of good sheet metal.
    CLASSIC12, MarkInTx and Signal_20 like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member #
    Liked
    218 times
    Cool gun, I love the quote about the phone booth.
    CLASSIC12 likes this.
    Cheers,
    Walter

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2011 times
    Good luck finding quality magazines for it....
    CLASSIC12 likes this.

*** ColtForum MVP ***

Member #
    Liked
    7788 times
    The MAC SMG's saw a lot of use by special ops units over the years, so they couldn't be too bad.
    Given that they were intended to be a short range weapon the supposed lack of accuracy is not a factor.
    Various groups in the military, the CIA and some foreign forces used the MAC weapons to reported good effect in their intended role as a close range massive fire power weapon, that was also much quieter then weapons without a silencer.

One of the few cases I read about the use of a MAC SMG was by Navy SEAL Chuck Pfarrer who wrote one of the first books to be published by a SEAL.
    This did not give a glowing recommendation.

He was operating in the Gulf after the bombing of the USS Cole and was using a SEAL inflatable boat to patrol a harbor with another SEAL.
    His M16 had a problem with the trigger assembly and was being repaired by a Navy armorer, so he pulled a MAC out of the SEAL armory to use.
    During his patrol around the harbor he saw a group of young men in a speed boat acting strangely.
    He and the other SEAL intercepted the boat and began to question them.
    One man reached for what Pfarrer thought might be a weapon or a bomb and refused to stop, so he attempted to open fire.
    The MAC jammed on the first round leaving Pfarrer in a very vulnerable position.
    Quickly he and the other SEAL physically subdued them.

Later he found out they were the sons of wealthy men and were either just being arrogant jerks, or possibly scouting the harbor for another attack.
    Pfarrer had a very low opinion of the MAC after that.
    CLASSIC12 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    That's a MAC Powder Springs M11 with the RPB overstamp. It was originally sold at the MAC bankruptcy auction in 1978, and RPB acquired lots of them. The barrel threads for the suppressor have been milled off, as at that time, the US Secretary of State office would not allow export of Ingrams with the ability to be suppressed.
    New mags for the small mag M11 have been available for several years that work actually better than the MAC made ones. Lage Manufacturing and others carry them.
    Note also that this model has the added stamp "K" after the 9mm marking, that was added by MAC as an afterthought to avoid confusing this with 9mm para.
    CLASSIC12 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1384 times
    I am always amazed at the wealth of gun knowledge on this forum. Thank you gentlemen.

Btw for clarity I did not buy it. But the seller texted me the same evening saying it was sold.

Member #
    Liked
    2011 times
    Just a little worthless movie history, the first movie cop to use the M11 was John Wayne.

https://youtu.be/0K3rjfQ7TCE
    oberon and CLASSIC12 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    524 times
    With the stock on it, it is illegal.

The M-11's were used for the operational brief case. Yes they have an extreme rate of fire, but it is so fast the gun doesnt have a chance to rise much before the mag is empty especially the 16rd ones. Now the 45 was a whole different animal and impossible to control without something to hold on to.

I used to know Sylvia Daniels personally and have owned a truck load of MAC's of various make.
    CLASSIC12 likes this.
    Amat Victoria Curam

Never buy a gun you'll have to make excuses for later

Member #
    Liked
    524 times
    My bad, on the stock. I just saw it was a Class III gun
    CLASSIC12 likes this.
    Amat Victoria Curam

Never buy a gun you'll have to make excuses for later

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links