• 1 Post By feralmerril

Thread: Help finding “standard” gun display box/money box/gun work box keys

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    689 times

Help finding “standard” gun display box/money box/gun work box keys

I would have thought as commonly used as these keys were they would be easy to find but I can’t find any spares for sell. I have at least 3 items I know of that uses this key: a beautiful handmade gun display case from the 80s. A $500 gun accessories/work box from one of the major retailers years ago and a money box from Walmart about 15-20 years ago. I’m down to this single key now . This key was apparently used only many “to keep an honest man out” locks of the 80s and 90s. I’d like to buy at least a couple if anyone knows where I can find them at. This key actually has a “71” on the backside but I don’t think that matters much. Any help locating any of thee for sell is appreciated. Thanks F7264165-CEF5-4EFE-9792-0161564CFF3A.jpeg
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit such crimes... such laws make things worse for the assualted and better for the assailants: they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man" Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Member #
    Liked
    766 times
    I bought some skeleton keys for boxes on eBay a year or so ago. Lots of "standard" keys there.
    "You shot him in the back!!" "His back was too me." Van Leek

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    689 times
    I’ve looked on eBay several times and through many pages. I can’t find this exact one. I found a couple close. Most are the much larger antique style for roll top desks and doors and such
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit such crimes... such laws make things worse for the assualted and better for the assailants: they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man" Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    9140 times
    If you have a key why cant you just get some more made??
    spacecoast1 likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    689 times
    I don’t think this is a key one can have made. I believe it’s just a generic key made for latches.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links