Henry Rifle New Side Loaders
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Henry Rifle New Side Loaders

Member #
    Liked
    1260 times
    Quote Originally Posted by krag96 View Post
    Now all they gotta do is drop all that shiny brass and I may just buy one.
    I've heard good things about Henry but just can't get passed the shiny brass frames.
    Now a blue side-loader 38-55...that has some serious fun potential
    krag96 likes this.
    "Cowards never lasted long enough to become real
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    ." --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9004 times
    I have only had one, a short bbl, big loop, blued .22 that I bought new over 15 years ago. Aside from the very thick front sight, I really like it. It's accurate and has a slick action.
    'This is King Fisher's Road--Take the other one'

Member #
    Liked
    2030 times
    Every firearms forum I visit is carrying on about the latest Henry and the clever magazine improvement. It is a nice idea, the loading gate with additional access in the magazine tube.

I'm gonna confess. Y'all probably need to educate me to the error of my ways, but I just can't see the Henry as anything but a cheap-o design made of inferior materials. I have only had experience with one that my brother-in-law purchased new probably 15 years ago now. The receiver seemed like pot metal with a covering over it, similar to the Remington Nylon 66. The rifle had plastic barrel bands and crummy wood. It didn't give a substantial appearance or look as if it'd last a long time with heavy use.

It was slick. I had to give it that. It fed smoothly and positively. Very slick and pleasing action feel. Perhaps Henry has upped their game since. I confess to having not examined one of their centerfire offerings. I think my B-I-L's early Henry .22 is still going strong.
    Joel6180 and Kurusu like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    211 times
    I will be getting one in 357 when it comes out.
    Ugly and djrb53 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1723 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkInTx View Post
    I've heard good things about Henry but just can't get passed the shiny brass frames.
    Now a blue side-loader 38-55...that has some serious fun potential
    It does, I have an 1894 Winchester saddle carbine in .38-55 I hadn't played with in a few years. Just looked today, 40 rds of primed brass, a couple pounds of IMR3031 in the locker, and plenty of 250gr. cast bullets sized, lubed, and ready to load... Well, I skipped the .38-55 loading in favor of loading some 10mm for a hungry Colt self loader.
    MarkInTx likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I have been looking for a .357 Case Colored. An absolutely beautiful rifle.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9004 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Every firearms forum I visit is carrying on about the latest Henry and the clever magazine improvement. It is a nice idea, the loading gate with additional access in the magazine tube.

I'm gonna confess. Y'all probably need to educate me to the error of my ways, but I just can't see the Henry as anything but a cheap-o design made of inferior materials. I have only had experience with one that my brother-in-law purchased new probably 15 years ago now. The receiver seemed like pot metal with a covering over it, similar to the Remington Nylon 66. The rifle had plastic barrel bands and crummy wood. It didn't give a substantial appearance or look as if it'd last a long time with heavy use.

It was slick. I had to give it that. It fed smoothly and positively. Very slick and pleasing action feel. Perhaps Henry has upped their game since. I confess to having not examined one of their centerfire offerings. I think my B-I-L's early Henry .22 is still going strong.
    It isn't an early mod 39 or 9422, but for the money it's a good little .22 lever. I think I paid around 175 for it new. The wood on mine is nicely figured and fits well, I hate to admit it, but the wood on mine is nicer than some of the 70's/80's Win 94's. I don't care about the plastic bbl band and the mystery metal receiver doesn't impact it's shooting. I bought it for a beat around shooter, which it does well.
    bmcgilvray likes this.
    'This is King Fisher's Road--Take the other one'

Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    I hope they make their 45-70 in a side loader version.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links