My Uberti Journey
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: My Uberti Journey

Member #
    Liked
    642 times

My Uberti Journey

A few years back I bought a black powder framed .44-40 Cimarron Model P. It was incredible. The timing was perfect, the hardness of the parts seemed correct, all in all it was a smooth revolver. In short order I bought two more Model P's, one a Bisley, both in .45 Colt. They were alright but not as nice as the first. I was shocked at how much the quality had improved since the 80's. I sold them to finance my first Colt SAA. The Colts are great, wonderful even. Heck, they're Colts. But that darned .44-40 was hard to forget. I had to scratch the itch, so I picked up a Taylor's Smoke Wagon in .44-40 and a Cimarron bp .44 Special. The wood on the Smoke Wagon was replaced with a set I got on eBay, underneath the Candy Apple glop was some beautiful wood grain. Haven't had a chance to shoot them yet, but I have a feeling they're going to make me happy.

IMG_1404.jpg
    CHIZ, Cozmo, scstrain and 7 others like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    283 times
    I just picked up a Cimarron USV Artillery model in 45lc..My first Uberti...I pick it up from my FFL in a few days. I think it will make me happy too!!
    Cozmo and Muley Gil like this.

Member #
    Liked
    192 times
    I have several Uberti and Cimarron SA revolvers. Each one is outstanding as well as accurate. Just high quality, fun guns to carry and shoot the hell out of.
    Gator89, DeaconKC and Cozmo like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    614 times
    Good to know info guys. I am thinking of getting a Uberti model P in 38 or 357. Thanks.
    DeaconKC and Cozmo like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1461 times
    I have one of the last Stoeger Cattleman (4 clicker) 45 and a Cimarron model P 44, both are great to shoot, fondle, etc. I installed Wollf hammer springs and belt mountain base pins in both. The model P trigger is right at 2.5 pounds. The cattleman is 3.5 pound, but crisp.

Member #
    Liked
    642 times
    The Cimarron Model P is a bit of a problem child. When I first got it I assumed it was gummed up with dried grease. Pulling back on the hammer was that tough. I discovered both legs of the bolt were the same width. There was so much pressure on the hammer cam that a groove was appearing. I replaced it and the timing seems correct; so far, so good. It was a small but noticeable improvement. I removed all of the springs and tried the action; it was smooth. So next I removed the coil hand spring and realized it could be used on a pickup truck. Another order to VTI. I've got light Uberti and Wolff mainsprings inbound. I suspect that'll fix the issue. Luckily, the metal surfaces seem to be smooth, so no sanding/polishing. While I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a gunsmith, I do know what want in a single action. Sooner or later I'll get it.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Cimarron ubertis kick butt...
    Cozmo likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    15481 times
    I have a few Ubertis. I like them a lot. All of them sure take the shine off my 3rd Gen Colt's unless you're totally clueless. Have to admit that the Ubertis give Standard and USFA a run for their money as well when you look at just what a SAA is suppose to do right.

If you want to throw money away you can always have Turnbull refinish any of the Ubertis. No question Uberti does some cost cutting. But nothing that seems to bother the actual function or reliability of their SAAs. Best of all their production costs are passed right along to their customers.

Hard to argue with end result with a Uberti (or Pietta) if you want a gun to shoot and carry instead of just drool over while staring at a cardboard box.
    Monsai52, shooter214 and scstrain like this.

Member #
    Liked
    194 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Yahoody View Post

... Have to admit that the Ubertis give Standard and USFA a run for their money as well when you look at just what a SAA is suppose to do right.

Hard to argue with end result with a Uberti (or Pietta) if you want a gun to shoot and carry instead of just drool over while staring at a cardboard box.
    Seriously?

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I have a Taylor's Smoke Wagon in .45 LC and could not be happier! It is very nicely finished and I love shooting it.
    Cozmo likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links