Prayers for our City
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Prayers for our City

Member #
    Liked
    14555 times

Prayers for our City

Yesterday, around 4:00 pm, a city employee who had been terminated earlier in the day, returned to Building 2 at our municipal center with a .45 ACP handgun fitted with a suppressor and extended magazine. This is about 2 miles from me and sounded like every vehicle with a siren was heading there. Twelve victims are dead, all but one were city employees. Please keep our city in your thoughts and prayers. You never expect it in your own backyard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member #
    Liked
    146 times
    Very sad. It's shameful what our society has become.
    Last edited by shooter214; 06-01-2019 at 05:32 AM.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2769 times
    I seen that on the news. A terrible ordeal. Prayers sent for your hometown Rick. And may God Bless all that are involved.
    - Terry -
    " WVCOLT "

" God created man, but Samuel Colt made them equal "
    " I carry because I'm too young to die and too old to run "

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    785 times
    Sending prayers.
    WVCOLT and kenhwind like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2180 times
    Very upsetting. Praying for the families.

Tom

Member #
    Liked
    1992 times
    Rick, I lived in Virginia Beach from 1994-96 when I was doing some work as a contractor to the Navy Exchange system. It is a beautiful area and fine city. It is a terrible tragedy. I just don't know what the heck is wrong with people these days. Mass shootings like this were unheard of 30 or so years ago when gun laws were much less restrictive so it sure isn't the "easy availability of guns" as the anti's want us to believe.

Member #
    Liked
    426 times
    “You can not make men good by law, and without good men, you can not have a good society” -C.S. Lewis

Prayers going out for the victims families, communities and our nation as a whole.
    WVCOLT, krag96 and Ugly like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1591 times
    Prayers sent
    WVCOLT and krag96 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2353 times
    May God grant His peace to all of those involved including the families and the First Responders who dealt with this tragedy.
    WVCOLT, krag96 and Ugly like this.
    WANTED: Police & Company issued revolvers!!!!

Member #
    Liked
    311 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Rego View Post
    Rick, I lived in Virginia Beach from 1994-96 when I was doing some work as a contractor to the Navy Exchange system. It is a beautiful area and fine city. It is a terrible tragedy. I just don't know what the heck is wrong with people these days. Mass shootings like this were unheard of 30 or so years ago when gun laws were much less restrictive so it sure isn't the "easy availability of guns" as the anti's want us to believe.
    I agree with this as policies have definitely tightened up from a time where things like this didn't happen. I can't help feeling that these shootings and extreme events are tied to our ever worsening society. Kids grow up today disconnected from their parents or in broken homes, many of which are just angry at such a young age. Then adults don't feel valued in their workplace environment any longer most employers don't treat their staff with respect, many adults have ridiculous amounts of debt weighing on them. People feel strapped financially, underappreciated and stressed everyday. Then you have the news, politics, climate change conversation, etc all big topics wavering in the minds of everyone on a daily basis. Honestly all of these things (in my opinion) are contributing to the degredation of society and increasing this extreme approach to emotional resolution. It scares the heck out of me as someone who has three young kids growing into this future. As we have already had a shooting at UNCC this year, a shooting at a local high school, and multiple issues with people bringing guns on to elementary school campuses with the intent of hurting someone. All of this has happened in the past ten months in the Charlotte area. So I definitely feel awful for those in Virginia Beach and anyone who has experienced "this" but I can't help feeling like this is just a growing wave of people's resolution.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    Olle, WVCOLT, krag96 and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links