What would you have done or your thoughts?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: What would you have done or your thoughts?

Member #
    Liked
    8 times

What would you have done or your thoughts?

So I bid on and won a LEO6940 (last 100 made w/ letter and unfired). Yes this is the one with the Restricted roll mark. 25% of the reason why I purchased it was the Factory Shipping Box. The box looked good in the pics with the only thing I seen was a hole in the inner insert where the flipped up front sight pierced it. The accessory bag still sealed up.

Long story short, after waiting over a month after the closing bid to receive the item. My FFL calls says it’s in, so I head there within the hour. They pull it out of the back and the shipper/auctioneer shipped it in the Colt Factory Shipping box with packaging tape all over it and the Blue Labels torn from the ends.

Now, I’ve bid and won items from RIA and received them in less than two weeks. This being after a three day large amount of items auction. No biggie. My problem is the way the Factory Colt box was used to ship the item. I sent a correspondence to shipper/auctioneer stating I would like a discount or complete refund of shipping charges because of the now worthless box. I won’t say what was returned in correspondence from the other end, but, what is your thoughts on this, “Busch League” (IMHO), method of shipping?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    657 times
    You have every right to be upset, I would be too. I would say a refund of your shipping costs would be letting the auctioneer/shipper off easy. Are the auctioneer/shipper the same entity or are they different companies. Also how was it advertised was it listed as with factory box in xx shape? If they refuse to deal with you I would post there name here and any other forums you belong too as well as leave feedback on their site if possible. If they make it right I would let people know that too.
    ColtsDad, Redcat94 and deyomatic like this.

Member #
    Liked
    426 times
    +1 Colt 1860... that’s some utter BS.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

The Consummate Collector

Member #
    Liked
    17422 times
    It sounds like it must have been a small auction house that certainly did not know how to treat customers and their merchandise. I would be very upset and probably asked for even more than you did. You need to get the auction house owner on the phone and let him know how they screwed up. Let him know that the box is 25% of the value as it is a collector item.
    CHIZ and deyomatic like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    194 times
    ^ Agreed. They did not realize the collector value of the box itself. Some sort of monetary compensation is in order.
    Last edited by CHIZ; 06-02-2019 at 09:42 AM.
    deyomatic likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3883 times
    To most people it's just a cardboard box that works well for shipping. Was it pointed out in the auction that it came with an original shipping box, that it would ship in the original box, the condition of the box or how was it worded?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gun repair and restoration

Member #
    Liked
    1591 times
    Most people do not know how to box/pack up any item. I see people at Post office and FEDEX trying to pack items and it looks like they are in kindergarten. I have seen postal employees shake their head many times.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    577 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thecoltguy View Post
    It sounds like it must have been a small auction house that certainly did not know how to treat customers and their merchandise. I would be very upset and probably asked for even more than you did. You need to get the auction house owner on the phone and let him know how they screwed up. Let him know that the box is 25% of the value as it is a collector item.
    agreed 100% - I have an unfired 6940P and one of the reasons I bought it was it had the original box, papers, etc all mint condition -fortunately it all arrived to me the same way.

Member #
    Liked
    14556 times
    Get a full refund and start over. You'll never be happy with the box.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Unused in box. Serial Number LE0964xx With Box & Unused. Letter of Authenticity Stating One of Last 100 Rifles Manufactured by Colt Defense LLC at its Hartford Conneticut Facility Bearing the following Rollmark "Restricted Military/Government/Law Enforcement/ Export Use Only". Dated August 09, 2011.

This is the description verbatim from the auction. It was a small auction, if I remember right about 10 to 20 FFL items. Auctioneer had no FFL license, and just so happened I was trying a new dealer to transfer to that is about 10 minutes closer. Unfortunately they don’t accept shipments from private people. So I had it shipped to the usual FFL. They feel the same way I do about the box as well.

Auctioneer wasn’t very forgiving about what he. Stating I should of said something about the way I wanted it shipped.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links