A Sig for my birthday
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: A Sig for my birthday

Member #
    Liked
    336 times

A Sig for my birthday

I told my oldest about a Sig 320 at a local shop priced low ($399) though it was apparently new in the box. He likes Sigs and owns several, but not a 320. He has my old duty 220, so my only Sig now is a Tac Ops 1911 in the nightstand. This one had all the goodies, including the hang tag on the trigger guard and the spare mag still sealed in plastic.

Quite a few pro athletes from the various Denver teams live in our town. The shop said one of them likes to buy new guns, play with them, then trade them in on something else. I bought my son a 225 at a very low price thanks to this guy. The 320 was the same deal.

He never bought it, so I forgot about it until my little crew gave it to me for my birthday yesterday. I was floored.

Here it is - in Sigspeak it is a 320CA-357-BSS which translates to "P320, 357 Sig, 3.9in, Nitron, Blk, DAO, Siglite, M".

This is my first experience with the little bottlenecked round. I worked some shootings on the Navajo rez where NMSP blasted some guys, and the round seemed to work like Thor's Hammer. So I'm optimistic.

I love the sights. The night sights are the brightest I've ever seen.

I'll give a try at the range on Tuesday.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7190 times
    Happy birthday Hf !

Looking forward to your range report .
    Fortibus55 and SHOOTER13 like this.
    Condition Yellow

Please support Crimson Trace Grips , Mossberg and Beretta . They support our troops .

Tel

Member #
    Liked
    94 times
    I have the brown one, nice little gun. surprisingly accurate.
    SHOOTER13 and guy sajer like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    9851 times
    Congrats on the SIG...

And...Happy Birthday !!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NRA Life Member since 1977...

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    464 times
    What a great present. As much as I love to handle, admire, rub-on and shoot Colt's; my go to weapons for defense, dependability, safety and general ease of use, are my Sigs.

Member #
    Liked
    336 times
    I had it to the range today, and I am very impressed.

My first thought was this ain’t no 9mm. Muzzle blast, flash, and recoil got my attention. Very controllable, though.

I worked a double police shooting with the .357 Sig. It wasn’t that long ago so I’ll be a little vague in case there is still some litigation going on. The cop shot guy number one (5’7”, 145) at near contact distance a few inches below his left armpit. It was all on video - that guy dropped like a puppet with the strings cut. He was dead when he hit the ground.

Guy number two was a big boy - 5’ 10” and 375 on the hoof. The cop gave him two in the torso and he fell on his face and ceased to be a bother.

The cop swung his gun to guy number three, who had discovered a love for compliance and was not perforated.

( Note the 100% hit ratio. Less than a year later the same cop killed a miscreant with one round from his AR. Still batting 1000.)

Guy number two lived, but not by much. I sorted the scene and the dead guy out then went to the hospital to check on him. The doc was coming out of the surgery and said the big fella would live. I knew the doc from previous shootings and knew they almost always leave bullets in place but I asked if he got them out just in case. It didn’t matter to the case - it looked like a good shoot and there was no doubt who did the shooting. The doc said - wait here and went back into the OR. An hour later he came out and handed me one mushroomed slug. He said he couldn’t get the other one.

I think this will be my road trip gun. My daughter lives in ABQ which can be a lively place to make a wrong turn.
    Kerz, DeaconKC and SHOOTER13 like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    434 times
    Ya gotta love it when a plan comes together. Aka training and the bad guys lose!
    Vic
    DeaconKC likes this.
    Preparedness + Opportunity = Luck
    NRA Benefactor Member
    KY & WV State Rifle & Pistol Association Life Member

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    13246 times
    SIGS's are fun shooters; CONGRATS on the .357 Sig and Happy Birthday!
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
    Tony

“It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carry the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life, or death ---- it shall be life.” - Ten Bears - “The Outlaw Josey Wales”

Member #
    Liked
    590 times
    Again, as others have said, congratulations and Happy Birthday!
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
    "Let courage rise with danger, and strength to strength oppose."
    DeaconKC at surplusrifleforum.com

Member #
    Liked
    9851 times
    Gotta love a SIG...

My West German Circa 1988

Colt-SL likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NRA Life Member since 1977...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links