Colt factory targets

Member #
    Liked
    7 times

Colt factory targets

I would like some info on the factory targets that were included in the boxes. When did they start, stop, what models were included, etc. etc. thanks, Jerry

Member #
    Liked
    2525 times
    Colt handguns with adjustable sights were routinely "targeted" from some time early in the 1900's to around the early 1970's. I have seen a few targets for guns with fixed sights; these were usually done on a request from a customer or as a result of repair work. I have a small data base of targets I have owned or seen. My earliest is dated 1924 for a Woodsman Target and the latest is for a Python Elite in 1997.

- -Buckspen

Member #
    Liked
    7 times

Colt factory targets

Quote Originally Posted by Buckspen View Post
    Colt handguns with adjustable sights were routinely "targeted" from some time early in the 1900's to around the early 1970's. I have seen a few targets for guns with fixed sights; these were usually done on a request from a customer or as a result of repair work. I have a small data base of targets I have owned or seen. My earliest is dated 1924 for a Woodsman Target and the latest is for a Python Elite in 1997.

- -Buckspen
    Thanks for the reply. I have and have seen pre-war 1911's and detective specials with factory targets. If I gather it correctly, it was not routine to supply factory test targets on fixed sight models. It is interesting to me that there was a target for so late a gun as the 1997 Python. Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links