New grips on a US Finish SA.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: New grips on a US Finish SA.

Member #
    Liked
    415 times
    SFC. If all we cared about as shooters was whether or not our guns would put rounds down range We’d only own Glocks. Nah, there’s something special about the SAA that reaches well beyond “tool” status. Carrying and shooting these guns is a cool and unique experience and all those little cosmetic details serve to enhance that experience. I say that was money well spent...and at a fraction of the cost of a new 3rd gen...some serious bang for your buck.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    21314 times
    I like the finish on that one!! I think it is worth the extra cost!
    SFC Rick likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    470 times
    Very nice. I really like the bone case a lot more than the regular chemical case colors.
    SFC Rick likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    13518 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SFC Rick
    If it's going to be a shooter, why even bother with the extra costs? I say it's beautiful to look at the real CCH, but in reality it doesn't add a thing if it's going to be used on the range or field....
    I continue to have that discussion with myself most days. To me it doesn't matter much who actually built the gun, as long as it has a couple of things I require. Good trigger with no creep or grit, excellent timing and it shoots on for windage. If the gun can give me all that I can find a bullet/load that will shoot where I want it too.

I have SAA guns in most every finish, from totally in the white to fully plated and engraved. Not all of them Colt. But some are indeed Colt, 1st, 2nd and third Gen guns.

My most recent project about to come back is a Cimarron I reblued, polished off the frame to a silver finish and added real ivory grips. Lipstick on a pig to some. To me it was "exactly" what I wanted in a six gun I don't mind carrying in a good holster.
    SFC Rick likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1947 times
    Yahoody can we see the finished gun
    SFC Rick likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2342 times
    I would have opted for the US finish as well.
    SFC Rick likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    13518 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MARKO65 View Post
    Yahoody can we see the finished gun
    Of course! Frame and grip strap is still @ Paul Persinger's getting carved ivory fit. It should be back any time. I'll start a new thread and get some photos once I'm shooting it again.
    DeaconKC, SFC Rick and Ugly like this.

Member #
    Liked
    13518 times
    It occurs to me that 10 years ago many thought the USFA Rodeo was too much $ for a gun in matte blue. Now you can buy the Uberti products for even less $ that seem to be every bit as nice a gun, and some better than the USA made Rodeos for less $. Or a USA finished Uberti for about the same kind of money the original Rodeo's sold for.

It is a good time to like SAA guns

Only thing missing is a 4 click hammer, ivory and pearl.
    DeaconKC and SFC Rick like this.

Member #
    Liked
    574 times
    I just talked with Greg at Cimarron and they have dropped their CCH Vendor because of production issues. You can still ask for the US Finish but it is through Turnbull and yes that option pricing will increase. Yes the same Turnbull finish is available for their rifles as well. As for the 4 click or 3 click action, you can order a 4 click parts group but in all likelyhood it will need tuning by a competent gunsmith(so there's that). Nothing is out of the question, but it always involves more money(say it ain't so). However, given all that buying a custom US Finish'd Cimarron(Uberti) is pretty dang good for the money. I will happily buy another Cimarron in the US Finish from Turnbull soon enough.
    Last edited by SFC Rick; 06-11-2019 at 05:39 PM.
    Uberti Open Top 1872 model in .45Colt with 7 1/2" barrel, Colt M1945A1, Winchester 1873 & 94.

Member #
    Liked
    1947 times
    SFC ... i am glad to hear Turnbull is doing the work now, just his morning i sent a note to Turnbull ass for the price to have my Uberti flattop target 45 re-finished by them.... def allot of options with the Cimarron /Uberti guns.
    SFC Rick likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links