Like Tree48Likes

Thread: New grips on a US Finish SA.

Member #
    Liked
    13655 times
    Good on ya and some very nice guns!

FYI
    "
    you can order a 4 click parts group but in all likelyhood it will need tuning by a competent gunsmith(so there's that)."

of the more than a dozen 3 click guns i have now converted to 4 click guns with Cimarron/Uberti parts, if the gun was in time and function well as a 3 click gun they came out the same way after dropping in the 4 click hammer and trigger. YMMV of course..that has been mine.

My comment on ivory, pearl and 4 click guns was meant to be tongue in cheek. As Colt becames lack luster on quality and the prices continue to climb, while supply virtually disappeared, Uberti (and Pietta) have more recently upped their game into something close to USFA in many ways and surpassing Colt in others. When you factor in current Uberti retail prices you can have some spare change left over to use for new grips, or a better finish and still be ahead of current Colt or USFA prices. Just don't see the basic guns being all that dissimilar not matter what the going street prices are.
    Last edited by Cozmo; 06-11-2019 at 05:20 PM.
    SFC Rick and scstrain like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1405 times
    I really like those checkered grips as well.
    SFC Rick likes this.
    ---
    "Bridgeport?" said I, pointing.
    "Camelot," said he.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    121 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SFC Rick View Post
    Buffalo Brothers Cowboy Store

I don't know what material they use but it's Poly "something" they pour into a mold. I've had their grips for about 6 years now, so they seem very durable, and lots of choices you can make on how you want the coloring or aging.
    Easy to install? Did they send you a spacer? Did you have to do any sanding or anything or was the fit perfect?
    SFC Rick likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    578 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIZ View Post
    Easy to install? Did they send you a spacer? Did you have to do any sanding or anything or was the fit perfect?
    The grips came with a spacer included. You will need to check the fit and do some sanding in all the grips I have installed so far. I use JB Weld Qwik set for the gluing.

Now back to a previous statement I posted for a moment. Cimarron needed to change vendors for the real CCH option because they have grown so much in sales they needed to find a source that could handle their volume of work. There where other issues with the vendor but Cimarron didn't want to elaborate on the detials of that. It's just that they need to find a reliable vendor to supply quality and timely service. It's a good thing they are using Turnbull now and for future firearms until they can work out something else. Yahoody posted he has no problems dropping in 4 click parts, but Cimarron says in somecases they have had some trigger pull issues in firearms with those mods,,,not all, but a few had hard trigger pulls at 10 pounds or so, that it required some tuning to bring it within specs.

Overall Cimarron is trying very hard to offer customers what they want, and have no problem with talking to me about what my next purchase needs to be. I find it refreshing to call and get customer service help. We all can agree it is folks like these who help keep Colt SAA's going and available to the average guy/gal.
    MarkInTx, MarshalC and CHIZ like this.
    Uberti Open Top 1872 model in .45Colt with 7 1/2" barrel, Colt M1945A1, Winchester 1873 & 94.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links