New grips on a US Finish SA.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: New grips on a US Finish SA.

Member #
    Liked
    574 times

New grips on a US Finish SA.

I just snapped a few photos today of my Cimarron US Finished Single Action. I love the real CCH.

Edited, If anyone is interested, the revolver was ordered with the "US Finish" option, so the pistol was $572 MSRP with a $250 additional charge for the US Finish and about a month or 2 wait time for shipment to my FFL.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SFC Rick; 06-11-2019 at 05:23 AM.
    Uberti Open Top 1872 model in .45Colt with 7 1/2" barrel, Colt M1945A1, Winchester 1873 & 94.

Member #
    Liked
    415 times
    Dang fine looking single action SFC. Not to many pics floating around of the “US Finish”. Thanks for posting.
    WVCOLT and SFC Rick like this.

Member #
    Liked
    319 times
    Very sharp!
    SFC Rick likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    117 times
    Nice! Where'd you get the grips? What are they made of?
    SFC Rick likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    574 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIZ View Post
    Nice! Where'd you get the grips? What are they made of?
    Buffalo Brothers Cowboy Store

I don't know what material they use but it's Poly "something" they pour into a mold. I've had their grips for about 6 years now, so they seem very durable, and lots of choices you can make on how you want the coloring or aging.
    CHIZ, ussmanlovede36 and DeaconKC like this.
    Uberti Open Top 1872 model in .45Colt with 7 1/2" barrel, Colt M1945A1, Winchester 1873 & 94.

Member #
    Liked
    1307 times
    Great looking SA finish!
    I'll be honest and admit to not knowing about the "US Finish" option.
    SFC Rick likes this.
    "Cowards never lasted long enough to become real
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    ." --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member #
    Liked
    574 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkInTx View Post
    Great looking SA finish!
    I'll be honest and admit to not knowing about the "US Finish" option.
    I didn't either but after buying many SA's from Cimarron I noticed it was an option when ordering from them. So I wanted to see what I would get. I must admit that the fake CCH from Uberti is pretty good nowadays, the obvious difference is pretty striking when parked next to my newest real CCH version. The real CCH is more "blonde/straw" coloring with deep blues. Anyway, it's a great choice for just a little extra dollars and short waiting period. From what I have learned from Cimarron is they don't always offer the option but it is available in short runs from time to time. You must have your FFL call them and ask them to add the option over the phone. There is no way to do so on their website when buying, no check box for the treatment.

Member #
    Liked
    415 times
    I’ve thought about pulling the trigger on a US finished Cimarron a few times but also deliberated on just sending a current Uberti off to Longhunter for their color case hardening services. @ $275.00 for the Longhunter refinish (frame and hammer) I’m wondering how the cost would differ?
    SFC Rick likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    574 times
    I thought it would be nice to show the 2 versions together. Since most people wouldn't be able to notice the different treatments at first glance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    574 times
    If it's going to be a shooter, why even bother with the extra costs? I say it's beautiful to look at the real CCH, but in reality it doesn't add a thing if it's going to be used on the range or field. I carry mine in a holster everyday so after a while on duty it's going to wear out and look like all my other Single Actions.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links