CCA Magazine (Rampant Colt) surprise...
Like Tree23Likes
  • 16 Post By Chaffee
  • 3 Post By WVCOLT
  • 2 Post By theprofessor
  • 1 Post By MarkInTx
  • 1 Post By ethompson

Thread: CCA Magazine (Rampant Colt) surprise...

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9004 times

CCA Magazine (Rampant Colt) surprise...

I just received my 2nd issue of 'The Rampant Colt', summer 2019 (just joined the CCA last month) and was intrigued by an article on the 12-Stop Richards Conversions by Richard Schreiber. This caught my eye, as I own one of these pretty rare pistols (author states 22 surviving out of 90 produced). So, I'm reading the article wondering if I should somehow get ahold of the author and give him info on mine when, to my astonishment on page 30 there is a photo of my very gun! Serial number 200703, assembly number 12. The caption reads sold in 2005 at Little Johns and "having a worn appearance with rust brown patina and some replaced parts". Photo in magazine must be from the auction. Note: I bought this gun since '05. Well, that's mine but the "some replaced parts" has be befuddled as I cant see anything replaced, unless a screw or two many moons ago. Even the wedge has the ass. number. Anyway, I know that some members here not only have their guns pictured in books, but have written the books, but for little ol me, a simple country boy, it was pretty cool to see that gun in 'The Rampant Colt'.

Last edited by Chaffee; 06-11-2019 at 04:10 PM.
    'This is King Fisher's Road--Take the other one'

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2416 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaffee View Post
    I just received my 2nd issue of 'The Rampant Colt', summer 2019 (just joined the CCA last month) and was intrigued by an article on the 12-Stop Richards Conversions by Richard Schreiber. This caught my eye, as I own one of these pretty rare pistols. So, I'm reading the article wondering if I should somehow get ahold of the author and give him info on mine when, to my astonishment page 30 there is a photo of my very gun! Serial number 200703, assembly number 12. The caption reads sold in 2005 at Little Johns and "having a worn appearance with rust brown patina and some replaced parts". Photo must be from the auction. Note: I bought this gun since '05. Well, that's mine but the "some replaced parts" has be befuddled as I cant see anything replaced, unless a screw or two many moons ago. Even the wedge has the ass. number. Anyway, I know that some members here not only have their guns pictured in books, but have written the books, but for little ol me, a simple country boy, it was pretty cool to see that gun in 'The Rampant Colt'.

Very nice story. GOOD FOR YOU !!!!! Thanks for sharing this with us here.
    DeaconKC, Chaffee and jcmh1 like this.
    - Terry -
    " WVCOLT "

" God created man, but Samuel Colt made them equal "
    " I carry because I'm too young to die and too old to run "

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    634 times
    that is a good story to post. must have been a shocker to read about your revolver.
    Chaffee and WVCOLT like this.
    ....what ? me failed English !!! That's unpossible.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1260 times
    I must admit...that's pretty cool...both the gun and the article!!
    Chaffee likes this.
    "Cowards never lasted long enough to become real
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    ." --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    Congratulations on a great way to begin your membership in the CCA. Also, very nice Colt conversation revolver. Thanks for your post.
    Chaffee likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links