CCA's "Rampant Colt" Magazine arrived yesterday. Another phenomenal article..
Like Tree16Likes
  • 6 Post By Colt-SL
  • 2 Post By Jackson
  • 2 Post By SHOOTER13
  • 2 Post By saintclair
  • 2 Post By JohnnyB
  • 2 Post By thecoltguy

Thread: CCA's "Rampant Colt" Magazine arrived yesterday. Another phenomenal article..

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    12826 times

CCA's "Rampant Colt" Magazine arrived yesterday. Another phenomenal article..

...from Cam (thecoltguy) in it. A wonderful and thorough look at Colt's Camp Perry Target firearms.

Sadly, Cam hasn't received his copy yet but expects it today.

Cam, congrats my friend, and thanks for yet another great Colt resource study!
    Tony

“It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carry the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life, or death ---- it shall be life.” - Ten Bears - “The Outlaw Josey Wales”

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1117 times
    A really great article from Cam on one of my favorite Colts! After re-reading the article the article, I noticed that the 8" Camp Perry from 1936 did not have the typical short action trigger that defines the shorter barrel models. Also, the 10" Camp Perry shown below the 1936 Camp Perry has a short action type trigger and action. Are these changes or modifications typical of the Camp Perry Models? Jackson
    Colt-SL and SHOOTER13 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    7912 times
    Wish I could read the article...

Congrats to Cam !!

Colt-SL and Ginge like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NRA Life Member since 1977...

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    21093 times
    My Rampant Colt always gets to me later. It must be mailed out by when you joined or by alphabetical order.
    Colt-SL and ei8ht like this.

Member #
    Liked
    266 times
    Congratulations Cam on a very fine article on a subject that is long overdue. I always enjoy reading your contributions to the Rampant Colt.
    Colt-SL and thecoltguy like this.

The Consummate Collector

Member #
    Liked
    17199 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackson View Post
    A really great article from Cam on one of my favorite Colts! After re-reading the article the article, I noticed that the 8" Camp Perry from 1936 did not have the typical short action trigger that defines the shorter barrel models. Also, the 10" Camp Perry shown below the 1936 Camp Perry has a short action type trigger and action. Are these changes or modifications typical of the Camp Perry Models? Jackson
    Jack

Sorry for the delay in answering your post but I have been away from the Computer for a few days. The 8" Camp Perry with the full King rib that you refer to below the 1936 gun does have the short action. The 10" Camp Perry with the King front sight just below the 1936 gun also has a short action. It is a late gun and serializes in the high 2300 range. Colt still sold some of the 10" guns after the 8" was introduced and those that I have seen do have the short action. I have not encountered any 8" Camp Perrys with the long action. It appears that after the introduction of the 8" model that Colt shipped every Camp Perry with the short action.
    Hopalong and Jackson like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1117 times
    Cam, Thanks for the reply - but the 8" Camp Perry I was referencing was the Boxed CP in the picture noted "this is how the new 8" Camp Perry looked..etc" with the 1936' Blue Label that appears to have the old long action trigger. It sure looks different than in the New Camp Perry brochure. I did have a 10" CP with the short action that also had a "&" marking on the Breech Block. Wished I had that one back. Jackson

Member #
    Liked
    2457 times
    Wow I would love to see a king super target camp perry.
    Every King gun deserves a set of Ropers!

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links