Colt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hickock .45 dumps the NRA

7K views 80 replies 38 participants last post by  guy sajer 
#1 ·
Looks like Hickock won’t be endorsing the NRA until they clean up their act. It just goes to show that egos and personality at the NRA offended him.....I don’t blame him. I am disappointed as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
I only know what I've read in the media which may or may not be accurate, but it plays right into the hands of the anti-gun forces. Two things can happen...the old adage to just sit back and watch your adversary destroy himself and/or while the NRA is having internecine fights try and slip through a bunch more onerous anti-gun laws. This can be more dangerous for our rights than normal as the NRA is otherwise pre-occupied.

#5 ·
Let me know the next time you see a public statement or public appearance by an NRA representative in rebuttal to one from the other side. I am not going to get in an internet pi**ing match but sufice to say I gave up my membership a LONG time ago.

#8 ·
The question should be how did this play into the anti gunners side?

Don't want to get political here as only one side is allowed a free reign. (2nd yes. 1st no here)

But the NRA played its members and when they got what they wanted did we get national reciprocity? Did we get a honest NRA? We all know the answers and like I said I wont go any further because I don't want to catch another suspension.

#10 ·
Here's a link to their announcement. They are not as much dumping as just closing out their financial and mutual sponsorship with the NRA. I can't get the site video link to work with the Youtube address.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDMhgGYDTWA

They freely admit that they have over a dozen videos already in the can with NRA endorsements and that they will still encourage participation in the NRA although not as proactively. It's just that they are disassociating their brand due the the current internal and external turmoil that the NRA is going through.

#11 ·
Playing defense has always resulted in a net loss. Offense! This is tongue in cheek, but I think the NRA should note the fake news debacle, media bias, CNN et al participation in the attempted coup and demand licensing and registration of the media. Go after the first amendment and make THEM play defense. After all, the amendments are not licenses for abuse.

#21 ·
As was Charleston Heston.......doesn’t negate or validate an opinion or stance. i believe you are wrong that Hickock .45 is just an entertainer.......he is a gun rights advocate with an opinion about NRA leadership being an entertainer doesn’t diminish his opinion.

#14 ·
Everyone needs to air their opinions quickly as Mitch will close this out soon enough. He only allows so much rope before some of us spring the trapdoor.

#15 ·
Considering that this thread will get closed anyway, I'd like to point out that gun owners are in a much better position now then in the 1970's & 80's when it really looked like the Second Amendment was or gun ownership was doomed.
When the GCA of 1968 was passed they wanted to ban handguns, it didn't happen.
Getting a handgun carry permit: forget about it.
You couldn't buy ammo with out filling out a log book.
There was no GOA, no CCRTKABA, no NRA-ILA
Whine and criticize the NRA all you want to but if the NRA wasn't there we wouldn't even be complaining anymore, because it would just be a moot point.

#16 ·
The NRA is like the Brady Bunch and the Bloomberg groups...they need one another for fundraising. They each know if one side wins all the marbles the game is over and there's little reason to stay in operation. The antis need pro-gun Presidents and Congresses to run their scare tactics off of...the same goes for pro-gun groups...anti-gun politicians are needed to run fund raising operations.

I had an NRA employee and firearms trainer tell the class I was in say it's not that the NRA doesn't want to win...it's that if you pick and support the wrong case heading through the court system and lose...you lose for a long time and it takes a lot to recover. You have to wait and pick the right case to support because it is for all the marbles. Both sides live with that fear and adjust their legal support accordingly. It takes the right case with the right legal arguments at the right time.

At least the NRA has other operations they can attend to...not just the ILA.

#22 ·
He's a good old boy with a wicked cool back yard full of targets. I enjoy some of his videos but as a spokesman for the firearms industry...meh. Advocate...aren't we all, based on our behavior, image and what we spend in the industry? When that dries up, it all will. Hickock45, Ollie, Tom Selleck and the spirit of The Duke himself could come and go without any effect on the big industry. While I'm somewhat disappointed at the upper admin/legal for the NRA, when they stop doing what they do, that's when we'll be in trouble. Without money in the pockets of lobbyists, politicians and businesses, we will have to brush up on our spears, tomahawks and rock throwing. That's my take on it.

#23 ·
Gents: As a NRA member, I embrace and share the disappointment with the leadership debacle at the highest levels of the NRA. However, I have hard time understanding the comments posted about NRA efforts being ineffective. The massive efforts to organize and drive activity post 1992 Assault Weapons ban was effective. The political and voting drive in the 2000 election was effective and resulted in Al Gore losing his home state. The Heller case and resulting decision was effective. The push for CCW reciprocity between states has been effective.

If you doubt the impact of the NRA, just listen to those opposed to 2nd Amendment. They view the NRA as the devil and its members a vast horde of minion demons that have denied them the power to get rid of the 2nd Amendment. Recommend people re-evaluate the value of the NRA and separate that from current leadership that may have outlived their prime.

#25 · (Edited)
Its to bad the NRA lost its way- and went off track- I am disappointed and disgusted.

However, they are they are STILL the most powerful force we have in our fight for the 2nd and the Constitution. They are effective-- and that is why the enemies of our Constitution hate them and fear them. And demonize them* every chance they get.

I still stand with the NRA, I will still donate to the NRA, and I will still speak up for the NRA.

The enemies of our Republic care not a whit about the NRA scandal- they only care that they can use the scandal to undermine the 2nd amendment. I don't doubt that for a second. They see it at a tactic to use to undermine the most effective organization that is working for the R2KABA- the NRA. The Neo Bolsheviks in the media will be all over it.

That said- the NRA, damn sure- needs to repent and rectify and remember who and what they are serving.

*And us.

#26 ·
If not the NRA, then who? Who would be there? No One. Thank God that Pelosi passed ObamaCare and lost her majority, otherwise Obama would have outlawed "the right ti keep and bear arms" as we know it.
I am no fan of LaPierre but its all we have got.
Gun Control was on THEIR agenda but Speaker Pelosi knew that anti-gun legislation would cost her the majority. Boehner was not going to let anti-gun legislation out of the House so Harry Reid could rubber stamp it. Neither was Paul Ryan.
The NRA deserves a lot of criticism but not what we see here.
When the GCA of 1968 was passed our politicians stabbed them, the NRA, in the back, that brought about the NRA-ILA, as well as GOA, the CCRTKABA, etc.
DO NOT KICK THE GIFT HORSE IN THE MOUTH!!

#27 ·
When I graduated high school in 1994 the Crime Bill had just been passed, Wisconsin didn't allow any concealed carry, and you couldn't even legally buy pepper spray. Now that's all gone away. I have a hard time believing that the NRA didn't have a role in these reversals.

If you want to join a political organization where you support all of their actions you'll have to found your own and run it yourself.

#28 · (Edited)
The stark reality is that there would be no Colt collectors , nor any reason for the Colt Forum without the NRA...You won't find perfection in any organization, but firearms owners -which means all of us - are a political target for the American left . Today , only the NRA and it's membership , has the numbers and the clout to provide counter to the attack on the 2nd Amendment. As much as we may disdain "politics " our entire hobby has become a political football . Our hobby is under attack with a vigor that has never been seen before , and without solidarity, effort, and communication, it will disappear, along with our frequently sizable investments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.