• 1 Post By Lab4Us
  • 3 Post By OLDNAVYNUKESPOOK

Thread: Good article that mentions one of our favorite pistols. 1903/1908

Member #
    Liked
    1385 times

Good article that mentions one of our favorite pistols. 1903/1908

https://www.alloutdoor.com/2019/06/2...kly+Newsletter

About a new S&W, but includes kind words about our 1903/1908.

Does anyone have one of these 380EZ models? I'm looking for a semi auto that is very easy to rack for my 22 yr old daughter to CC. For some reason, she has been shooting 1903/1908's for years and loves them. But she struggles to rack more modern small defensive pistols with their strong recoil springs.

thanks
    ei8ht and deyomatic like this.

Member #
    Liked
    504 times
    Working part time in a gun shop, I LOVE the EZ. It is hands down the best gun on the market for those with slightly lesser hand strength. Great sights and ergonomics, unless you have absolutely monster hands it fits most people great. Decent trigger, it is a great little pistol. This sounds funny, but I am waiting for S&W to bring it out in other colors, as my wife likes "pretty" guns. As soon as the first one hits my shop, she will have a new surprise!
    ei8ht likes this.
    "Let courage rise with danger, and strength to strength oppose."
    DeaconKC at surplusrifleforum.com

Member #
    Liked
    1385 times
    Deacon, so how easy is it to rack? I realize it is a dumb subjective question, but humor me...

thanks
    Kevin

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    504 times
    I can use my thumb and little finger to rack the slide without difficulty. It is so easy that elderly women fall in love with it. Or folks with arthritis in their hands and it is extremely soft shooting.
    Obiefox likes this.
    "Let courage rise with danger, and strength to strength oppose."
    DeaconKC at surplusrifleforum.com

Member #
    Liked
    651 times
    The Model M is a thing of beauty. The Shield EZ...well...I bet it shoots nice.
    OLDNAVYNUKESPOOK likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    New guy here, haven’t even posted intro yet, but can answer this question. My 59 year old wife who can rack none of my gun slides can rack the 380EZ with no struggle whatsoever...not even a pause. She used it to learn to shoot, take her Texas license to carry course/test, and fires 100 rounds through it every week or two. She did have the stovepipe on last round issue early on but now with over 2000 rounds downrange she never has a malfunction. We had one of the first on the shelf so I would imagine SW has tweaked some things by now. She was also able to clear all her own malfunctions in those early days. The 380EZ is a VERY usable gun for those that have trouble operating others. Actually contemplating picking her up one of the performance center models they recently introduced.
    DeaconKC likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1000 times
    While I'm sure the 380EZ is a very capable pistol, IMHO, it just appears bulky and lacks any aesthetic appeal. Compared to our beloved 1903/1908 Model M's, it looks like "Olive Oyl" vs. Rita Hayworth.
    hoya74, DeaconKC and deyomatic like this.
    Life/Benefactor Member NRA since 1962, Former Navy Nuclear Weapons Officer, OIC Base R&P Team, OIC Base Armory. Collector, shooter, amateur gunsmith. Life Member NCGCA, Member CCA

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links