Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Standard Manufacturing Company Single Action

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1846 times
    Really beautiful grips on your Arkie!

"Go ahead, skin it! Skin that smokewagon and see what happens".
    NRA Life Member
    TGCA Member
    WACA Member

Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    I keep looking at them and didn't really want a 45 Colt. So I was safe. Then they gotta bring out my favorite caliber 44-40 and I'm in a dither again. Fortunately I can't make my mind up on barrel length. I'm also not crazy about BP frames but I don't like the fake ivory grips on the cross pin model. Hopefully I can put off making a decision until someone buys my Taylor Schofield.

Member #
    Liked
    165 times
    After seeing that Standard now has their black powder frame SAA in .44-40, I emailed them and asked; 1. Is it/will it be available in .45 Colt?, and 2. Is it//will it be available with the correct bullseye ejector head instead of the incorrect crescent head shown on their webpage? They replied fairly quickly:

"At this time we are not taking any custom orders; they're only available in the current options as listed on our website. We're extremely backlogged on these guns as is and are struggling to keep up with our current orders."

So they ain't Burger King...I can't get it my way, at least for now. Both of those features, .44-40 and crescent rod head, are deal killers for me. But at least it's nice to know they have a strong demand for their SAA.

Ugly likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    146 times
    I too want a black powder frame, 7.5 inch barrel, 45 Colt with the round "bullseye" ejector.
    Just like the original Cavalry model Colts.

I had a USFA "Custer Battlefield" model revolver, but like the complete imbecile that I am, I sold it.
    I dearly miss that gun.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    745 times
    I've been thinking about the new BP framed 44 WCF Standard is now offering. The fact that they don't have a BE ejector just made my decision for me. Maybe one day they'll get it right...and hopefully not give it a dumb name along the way.

Dave
    Sparebux likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links