2019 Family Vacation out West
Like Tree14Likes
  • 14 Post By pullstart

Thread: 2019 Family Vacation out West

Member #
    Liked
    897 times

2019 Family Vacation out West

Just came home from a family vacation out West. We drove from LA (the state) to Las Vegas. We had a blast but it sure was hot. We stopped the Cadillac Ranch outside of Amarillo TX, Grand Canyon South Rim, Meteor Crater, Hoover Dam, and Las Vegas. Flagstaff AZ is a nice town. The weather was amazing, 60s in the am. The NM AZ state line near I-40 is amazing, loved the scenery, rock formations. The temps on the way to Vegas reached 110. Nuts!!!!! We actually saw folks pedaling bikes in these temperature. We called it "death training". While in Vagas we visited Ricks Restorations, Kounts Customs, Silver & Gold Pawn, Acrylic Tank Manufacturing (Tanked), and watched Mystere (Cirque De Soleil). I saw a rifle ranch just outside of Vegas on 215 heading towards I40. Folks were at the range in 105 temps. I know its a dry heat but it just about killed me. My vehicle collected a strange amount of bugs from TX to Vegas during the middle of the day. I am use to bugs at night but the day bugs were crazy. I could hardly see out the windshield. Flagstaff has a grass hopper plague (I mean real bad). The sound of grass hoppers as you are driving is deafening and my hearing is bad. Flying is nice for a one stop destination but I love my family road trips.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pullstart; 07-06-2019 at 02:04 PM.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links