Like Tree8Likes

Thread: USPS Performance

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1465 times

USPS Performance

I have always been hesitant to criticize the USPS. My mother is retired postal worker, so criticizing the USPS felt like disrespecting my mother. Now, having to checks go awol in 60 days for payment to Colt forum members, I am rethinking my position.

My mother has been retired 29 years so it should be ok to call them out when the folks working at the USPS muck it up.

The most recent payment was sent priority mail with the extra $7+ and a tracking number. Now the envelope is MIA in Detroit. Bobby Bare knew what he was singing about!

OBTW, I have a $3500 property tax check from 3-4 years ago somewhere in the bowels of the USPS.

Thank goodness for online bill pay systems.

Swallow your pride, poke PayPal in the eye with a stick and buy your guns/get your money using friends & family. Aren't we all a family on here?!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    16213 times
    I’ve shipped many a usps money order and I’ve had one tracked money order bounce around to and from a Georgia sort facility unexplained and a MO sent to me that did the same thing. Otherwise, it’s been reliable for me and still a good way to go for the cost.

Most everyday, I receive parts for my job shipped FedEx overnight. Excluding weather related delays, they’ve been good. On rare occasion, a box will not make a FedEx flight. It can be frustrating and even weird when one box makes it and another identical box doesn’t and they left the same place together.

Usps has a very useful tracking tool now with packages and everyday mail. I receive an email at 7:05am very morning with a scan photo of each piece of mail being delivered to my box that day. Also, once usps receives tracking for packages, i can track it myself and know what day the package will deliver. The scan for letter mail is done at the sort facility so I know same day if a piece of mail is missing when I get home and check mailbox.

USPS has an app for it, and on their app and website it’s called Informed Delivery. Easy to sign up and it’s free.
    Capps, boykin and Samgunslinger like this.
    🔫 WWYS

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1465 times
    I have informed delivery for inbound mail. All of my monthly bills are "Ebills", no paper and automatically drafted from checking or charged to my Cabela's CC. I avoid writing checks like the plague these days. The next box of checks I order may last longer than I do.

I had a firearm stolen at the UPS facility in Albuquerque, so make sure you buy insurance on the package regardless who ships it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4306 times
    Overall I've had good results with USPS. One time I sold an item on eBay and I get an email "did you use the correct address, my item is in San Francisco." I live in Florida, item was going to Virginia, but was in fact in California, and had the correct address on it. So I replied that "I always go to Virginia from Florida by way of California."
    Ken
    "I like Colts and will die that way"

Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Just two weeks ago I bought a pristine Model 37 Chiefs Special Airweight online from an FFL on the other side of the State. He shipped it Priority Mail to my FFL in town. It reached my area and circled daily loops between two distribution centers and the wrong post office for three days. I was advised to go online and put a hold on the package. When it stopped at the wrong post office on the fourth day I was able to call them and explain the problem. It was delivered intact to my FFL the next day. Seven days for a Priority Mail Package to go 120 miles in State.
    They do a large volume and it was delivered safely, but the last 8 months or so several priority mail parcels have taken long routes and had later then scheduled deliveries. I have one coming today that was shipped from New Jersey, Priority, on the 3rd. Went off radar. Got tracking notification this morning it is to be delivered today.

Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    I mailed a S&W 25-2 back for timing issue 25 years ago, never seen it again and neither did they...
    bearcat6 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    771 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator89 View Post
    Swallow your pride, poke PayPal in the eye with a stick and buy your guns/get your money using friends & family. Aren't we all a family on here?!!!!
    PayPal stuck it to me for over $100 a couple years ago. Never apologized or offered me my money back. Their attitude was pretty much "sucks to be you". You can keep your PayPal.

Dave

Member #
    Liked
    5364 times
    USPS is not what it used to be, but, it still better than most of the third world anyway, for now.
    Gator89 and porsche like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1465 times
    Wow, five days for a priority mail envelope to go 28 miles.

Member #
    Liked
    15741 times
    A few years ago I sold a Martin D-45 Koa to a collector in PA, 300 miles north. I packed it in it's OHSC and box then shipped it priority mail. Rather than going north this $12,000.00 Martin, one of only 54 ever made, went south to a bulk processing facility in NC. The box, case and instrument were handled by machines and completely crushed to kindling! The kind folks at the PO then put all the pieces in a box, slapped on a label saying "Damaged in Shipping" and sent the pieces TO MY CUSTOMER!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NRA Endowment Life Member
    CCA Member

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links