CZ 75 short rail
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: CZ 75 short rail

Member #
    Liked
    1402 times

CZ 75 short rail

A friend just bought a 1978 made CZ 75, first series so-called “short rail”. It’s a very nice gun, the blueing and polishing is beautiful. It’s also a fairly rare gun I believe, first time I’ve held one. So I thought I’d share a few pics.

Last edited by CLASSIC12; 07-17-2019 at 03:40 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    6156 times
    Boy, CZ sure can make some nice guns. Their metal work (and wood on rifles) is outstanding. I have an 1981 with the baked enamel finish that I wish was a tad earlier. Have owned it since it was new though, gray market, so will never sell it.
    old tanker, mkk41 and CLASSIC12 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Really nice, I'm a CZ 75 fan even though I don't own one.
    CLASSIC12 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3901 times
    I have been looking for a blue CZ-75 for years. (I have a painted one.) A "Short Rail" is the holy grail of CZ-75s for collectors. Where did your friend find it?
    CLASSIC12 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    14033 times
    I've owned a few over the years including a couple of the blued ones and some of the first imported into the country. But only owned the original versions like this one. Never had any interest in the "modern versions". Neat guns. Really neat guns when the only high cap options were a Model 59, a P7 M13, a HP or a seldom imported CZ. We laughed at the Glock when it first showed up.
    CLASSIC12, azshot and old tanker like this.

Member #
    Liked
    661 times
    Thanks Classic! I have never seen or heard of this version. Very cool!
    CLASSIC12 likes this.
    Colt
    NRA LIFE Member

Member #
    Liked
    1402 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeColt View Post
    I have been looking for a blue CZ-75 for years. (I have a painted one.) A "Short Rail" is the holy grail of CZ-75s for collectors. Where did your friend find it?
    Quite simply in the local internet classified, private seller. We both saw it, but I had recently bought a nice painted pre-B, and a lot of other guns so I passed and he took it, for $ 850.

When he brought it to show it to me and asked my opinion about it (he is quite new to the world of firearms), I started having regrets. But I’m happy for him, and I’m first in line if he sells it.
    Kurusu likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Wow he got that thing for a steal, at least compared to what they go for in the US...
    In the US, the cheapest I've seen a short-rail go for lately was $1500 and that one had some pretty noticeable wear on it.
    Normally one in really good condition can sell for upwards of $2000.
    Last edited by mafiamanj15; 07-18-2019 at 12:08 AM.
    CLASSIC12 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    6156 times
    For those that don't know about them, a little personal history. The price cycle of these has been a "V" shape since I bought mine in about 1982. I read about them in a gun magazine, and the word on the street was the Navy SEALS had selected it as their sidearm. We were still in the Cold War, and Czechoslovakia was a Soviet Block country. So the laws didn't allow them to come into America. But some did, through military channels or gray market, smuggling, etc. I got a hankering for one, we've all felt that.

I went to a NC gun show and there was one on a guys table. I had little money, and asked if he took trades, he said he did. I had a nice new Ruger No. 1 in .22-250 that was my most valuable gun. I told him about it, he said bring it in. I drove back home, got the rifle, with it's Leopold varmint scope, and showed him. He negotiated hard, he know I was hot for the pistol. I had to add cash too! Worst I ever did on a trade, but I learned a lot in my teen years that I applied later.

I loved the gun and shot it a little before service. Then after the Navy the Cold War started falling, and Interarms or someone started bringing them into the US. My $500+ gun soon became replaceable for $350 or so. I was kind of bummed for a decade but did love the 9mm. Started shooting it in matches, did well, never a jam. Very accurate. I had to admit it was the best automatic I'd ever shot or held.

Then the Italians started making clones. Now there are two dozen "CZ75" types, but I have the original, and no import stamps. The CZ-75 hit rock bottom about 20 years ago, and originals are now going back up in price. Congrats to the OP's friend!

Last edited by azshot; 07-18-2019 at 02:11 PM.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    21663 times
    Here are pictures of the CZ I 'could not do without.'

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links