New York requesting receipt from purchaser in addition to FFL (question)?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: New York requesting receipt from purchaser in addition to FFL (question)?

Member #
    Liked
    278 times

New York requesting receipt from purchaser in addition to FFL (question)?

A couple months back I purchased a pair of single actions from a guy in New York off GunBroker. Both were sent to my ffl and transferred to me. Today he called and said the state was asking him for a receipt from me to show I purchased them. They said the need it in addition to the copy of the ffl he sent the guns to. Never run into this before. I told him there is the GunBroker trail but I wasn’t giving a receipt. Is this common in New York or has anyone else dealt with this?
    victorio1sw likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Marshal, In NY with our pistol permits we also have a second card that includes information on any handgun we are licensed to carry. It lists Manufacturer, Model, Caliber, and Serial Number and they are the only guns you are licensed to carry.

I just today added a new (to me) Bisley to my license. In order to add it i had to take a receipt to the county clerk and file an amendment to have them add it, then go back to my FFL for him to run a background before it would transfer to me.

To remove a gun from my permit I have basically 3 options - show it was sold/transferred with a receipt or report it as lost/stolen with a police report. My guess is that is why he is asking you - I would have assumed the Gunbroker traffic would have worked but I haven't sold anything...

This link is the amendment for my county just as an FYI. https://web.co.wayne.ny.us/wp-conten...4/12/PPB-5.pdf

Jerry
    MarshalC and victorio1sw like this.

Member #
    Liked
    432 times
    I'm confused here. You bought the pistols, but he needs a receipt? Isn't the seller the one who issues a receipt or an invoice? Didn't your FFL sent him a signed copy of his license copy before he shipped the pistols?

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2073 times
    I am confused too. When you got the guns from your FFL he registered them since they had to go through the FFL. The guns had to be in your name.

Member #
    Liked
    278 times
    I posted this because I was confused! Yes the guns were transferred thru my ffl. He gave a receipt for the purchase but he needs a receipt (proof that I purchased them) beyond the transfer he says. He said the state is requiring it from him. They are requiring the ffl and a “receipt”. I think runirishnc above posted what the issue is. The seller told me he has not had to do this in the past.
    arjay and victorio1sw like this.

Member #
    Liked
    14578 times
    The seller wasn't likely any more pleased asking than you are giving. Likely doens't like living in NY either if he is/was a gun guy. I'd give him a reciept all the while thanking my lucky stars we live where we do.

Member #
    Liked
    278 times
    I don’t know the guy but he was a great seller. No issues with him and he was courteous when he asked for the receipt. He was going to try the GunBroker trail and see what happened. He was not trying to push me or anything just asked if I would give it. I was just curious if anyone here could explain why he might need it. He was not clear on why he needed it, just said the state was making him obtain it.
    victorio1sw and SHOOTER13 like this.

Member #
    Indianapolis, IN & beautiful Lake Cumberland, KY
    Liked
    2496 times
    Take pity on the poor soul who has to live in NY. It's not his fault, and it costs you nothing. JMO.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7200 times
    Political remarks were expected and removed .

Let's keep it about assisting MarshalC .

Thank you .
    Colt-SL, Buickgsman and SHOOTER13 like this.
    Condition Yellow

Please support Crimson Trace Grips , Mossberg and Beretta . They support our troops .

Member #
    Liked
    10004 times
    Sorry Mitch...

Buickgsman, guy sajer and Colt-SL like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NRA Life Member since 1977...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links