PSA: Kleenbore patches now made in China.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: PSA: Kleenbore patches now made in China.

Member #
    Liked
    32 times

PSA: Kleenbore patches now made in China.

I bought a bag of KleenBore patches back in 2015, USA-made. Well, I needed patches, and every single LGS I went to only has little .22 round patches, not the 2 1/4" patches I use on 9 and 45.

So I buy from Amazon. Bag just arrived. Made in China now. I'm returning and ordering a bag of Pro-Shot patches.

I flat-out refuse, as much as I possibly can, to support American companies that choose to outsource their manufacturing.

image1.jpg
    Beware any government intent on disarming its People
    Member NRA, GOA, SAF

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2998 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Grey Hare View Post
    I bought a bag of KleenBore patches back in 2015, USA-made. Well, I needed patches, and every single LGS I went to only has little .22 round patches, not the 2 1/4" patches I use on 9 and 45.

So I buy from Amazon. Bag just arrived. Made in China now. I'm returning and ordering a bag of Pro-Shot patches.

I flat-out refuse, as much as I possibly can, to support American companies that choose to outsource their manufacturing.

image1.jpg
    Im with you on that ^^^^^^^^
    victorio1sw likes this.
    - Terry -
    " WVCOLT "

" God created man, but Samuel Colt made them equal "
    " I carry because I'm too young to die and too old to run "

Member #
    Liked
    1311 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Grey Hare View Post

image1.jpg
    China is becoming a monster problem. They don't innovate much, but make a practice of stealing ideas from other countries.

One thing I've noticed is that "Quality Control" is beyond China's ability. In the 1990's their oilfield tubing was high quality, but after a few years a tubescope job wouldn't find many "in spec" joints. An American steel company bought all of China's remaining tubing for about 5% of normal value, remelted it, and made good tubing!
    saintclair likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7188 times
    Been using them myself and retailing for close to 30 years . Family business , good people and USA product .
    Pro-Shot

Cleaning Patches
    Condition Yellow

Please support Crimson Trace Grips , Mossberg and Beretta . They support our troops .

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2998 times
    Quote Originally Posted by guy sajer View Post
    Been using them myself and retailing for close to 30 years . Family business , good people and USA product .
    Pro-Shot

Cleaning Patches
    Agree 100% ^^^^^^^
    saintclair and guy sajer like this.
    - Terry -
    " WVCOLT "

" God created man, but Samuel Colt made them equal "
    " I carry because I'm too young to die and too old to run "

Member #
    Liked
    3945 times
    Pro-Shot makes the best patches anyway.
    1911Collector and guy sajer like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gun repair and restoration

Mac

Member #
    Liked
    501 times
    I had Pro-Shot make an adapter for my fancy, odd thread shotgun cleaning rod.
    If I remember right they charged me a whopping $10!
    Very accommodating people with excellent products.
    Mac
    guy sajer likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    650 times
    The China patches probably come with the bonus ingrediant of antifreeze in it. Seems like everything has some toxic substance. I was once guilty of doing business there. My products were sourced out to US based aerospace firms looking for work. However after my contracts expired I got hit with a 100% increase in labor costs (Unions). I refused to pass the increase on to my customers (Big Box, and direct sales) so when China Reps offered me such a dramatic reduction in costs, I decided the savings would pay for all 3 of my kids college expenses. I took it. I'm retired now and sold my company long ago. I'm pretty sure the new corporation does very well nowadays. Be wary, China can build very good stuff when they want to, or when a company demands strict requirements. They will use every trick in the book to make a profit.
    saintclair likes this.
    Uberti Open Top 1872 model in .45Colt with 7 1/2" barrel, Colt M1945A1, Winchester 1873 & 94.

Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Quote Originally Posted by guy sajer View Post
    Pro-Shot

Cleaning Patches
    They're the cleaning rod and jags and brushes that I use. It's only natural I go with their patches. But man, no one here carries them! Or anything in that size. Bass has stuff but it's house brand and made in China or Indonesia or something like that.

Love the pro-shot stuff. When the time comes for a .22 rod, it'll be theirs, too.
    guy sajer likes this.
    Beware any government intent on disarming its People
    Member NRA, GOA, SAF

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    977 times
    Quote Originally Posted by victorio1sw View Post
    China is becoming a monster problem. They don't innovate much, but make a practice of stealing ideas from other countries.
    You mean like gunpowder ? The Chinese have been making cloth longer than we have in the US.
    saintclair likes this.
    Berhati-hati di ruang platform. 🇸🇬

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links