Current status of Colt archive letters
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Current status of Colt archive letters

Member #
    Liked
    440 times

Current status of Colt archive letters

I should have paid more attention to what was said when I requested a Colt letter on a Colt 1877 DA. I was told something like we will call you for payment. I took it that they would call me in a day or so and get my credit card info for billing. I had that happen on the last letter I ordered for a SAA. It's been close to 6 weeks and I have heard nothing should I be concerned and call them? I just want to make sure I am in "queue" and not in limbo.
    Denis

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    940 times
    My only experience with requesting archive letters has been through the website... you provide the Model Name/Number, Serial Number, and a few photos of the gun in question, along with your credit card info... my card wasn't charged until about 3 months later, about a week before the letter arrived in the mail.

Personally, I'd call and ask... at worst case, it's in limbo and you can give them your CC number to start the process.

Member #
    Liked
    1589 times
    I believe it is minimum of three months unless you paid extra for speedy service. I am sure Paul will comment when he sees this and tell us what the current backlog is.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    673 times
    The last ones I ordered took 90 days (three months) and they call you for payment after the research is done but before they send the letters.

Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt1860 View Post
    The last ones I ordered took 90 days (three months) and they call you for payment after the research is done but before they send the letters.
    I also have a request in the system since April and the above is exactly what I understood from what was explained in the email I received.

Member #
    Liked
    1311 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tdennis View Post
    I should have paid more attention to what was said when I requested a Colt letter on a Colt 1877 DA. I was told something like we will call you for payment. I took it that they would call me in a day or so and get my credit card info for billing. I had that happen on the last letter I ordered for a SAA. It's been close to 6 weeks and I have heard nothing should I be concerned and call them? I just want to make sure I am in "queue" and not in limbo.
    Denis
    My last letter required about 90 days to receive. As long as you gave them the Model (1877 DA), SN, Caliber, and $100 in payment, you should be good to go. But again, on this model they need the caliber. You won't get a call unless there is something wrong, such as they "cannot find the shipping record".

Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    I placed my request through the website. They called me several days later for CC information. About ninety days later, I received an invoice by email which I approved for payment. The letter arrived about ten days after that.

Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    They told me when I ordered the letter on line that it would be about 90 days to get a REQUEST TO PAY invoice and another 2-3 weeks to get the letter after that unless I wanted to pay the $100 expediting fee and then I would have it in 48 hours via e-mail with an original in the mail at the same time.

Bob
    victorio1sw likes this.
    Sag Harbor & Manhattan, New York

Member #
    Liked
    2054 times
    I just received a letter. It was almost 4 months to the day from the request date. My credit card was charged about week before I received the letter.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I just got mine after 3 and 1/2 months , they are running late, They will e-mail you and bill you when they get the information ready to send, after billing my CC, mine came in a week..Regards.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links