Colt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mass shooting at my hometown

3K views 37 replies 28 participants last post by  guy sajer 
#1 ·
Found out a few hours ago a shooting at the Walmart near Cielo Vista Mall. I used to frequent this mall with my brothers and friend as a kid/reenager.

Prayers to all in El Paso

#20 ·
I know that most anything can be weaponized. I could wreak havoc in a crowd with a fork. Ken, I agree that if we give a inch regarding 2 nd amendment, they’ll want a mile. Maybe if a majority of responsible adults carried these tragedies would be averted.
Im just very upset.
Right or wrong it’s JMO.

#24 ·
If the following is a political statement, then I contest that judgement:

One only has to look at Mexico. Progressive new laws and restrictions over a 35 year period finally ended gun ownership there. Now look at the mess! The Criminals have entirely taken over, the "government" is non-existent, and the citizens are now disarmed and powerless to save their own lives.

#25 ·
Prayers for those who lost family!

We live in world very different that the one i grew up in as a teenager or preteen. I have no idea how as a community we are suppose to deal with this ongoing crisis. What I do know is Americans as general statement are lazy as it relates to change. Given the climate, we have to change how we live and how we do things. Schools, public places home everything. Most Americans walk around obvious to what is going on around them. We have a false send of how things are starting with the police are there to protect us all 100% of the time. This is just not the case with a real-time situation. When you are there standing alone we are on are own. LEO can only respond after the fact for starters. Those that carry see this and under what it is I am saying. Forgetting gun control advocates for a moment, there are those in the community looking to push a button or "take a pill' for a resolution to the problem. This is a much bigger problem and we, the gun owner know taking the gun away from those law abiding will not resolve the problem. We do live in a world of gun control and have since the 30's. I can't put a cannon on the top of my house nor would I want to do so. I would give up the AR-15 if I thought it would solve the problem. I think every reasonable gun owner would, but the rifle is not the problem and removing the right to own forgetting again the political ramifications will not eliminate the crazy. It is people who are the problem. We have to deal with the crazy who does this kind of thing and get our head around this. If it was me my first stop would be hire the Israelis. Have them set the standard for public locations nationwide. This being said, i don' t think we are ready to change for the idea we are still living in the 50 's and 60's.

#26 · (Edited)
Prayers for all the families and first responders in CA,OH, and TX.

One issue that should be raised is that the murderers that committed the heinous acts should never be identified in the media. Doing so elevates this person in the eyes of others who would follow in their footsteps or simply adhere to their twisted ideologies. Let's not make a martyr out of them or promote the idea that slaughtering innocent people is a quick & easy way to grab the headlines and get their 15 minutes of fame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.