Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By big_gus
  • 1 Post By colt03

Thread: Steven P. Fjestad

Member #
    Liked
    44 times

Steven P. Fjestad

Steven P. Fjestad, publisher of the "Blue Book of Gun Values", died of cancer at his home in MN on July 15, 2019, 3 days before his 69th birthday. R.I.P.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1724 times
    Hope he rests in peace, and condolences to his family. Mr. Fjestad left some big shoes to fill.

Member #
    Liked
    1310 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishman View Post
    Steven P. Fjestad, publisher of the "Blue Book of Gun Values", died of cancer at his home in MN on July 15, 2019, 3 days before his 69th birthday. R.I.P.
    Thanks for making us aware. His Blue Books were relied upon by many.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    22093 times
    His Blue Book became "The Bible" for just about every gun collector and dealer. At the LGS, no gun is ever purchased without them checking the Blue Book to verify it authenticity and value. RIP!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    664 times
    Isnít that the truth about the blue book Saintclair! Since I was a kid, me riding with my grandpa gun trading all over, the blue book was always pulled out to verify everything for information. Most had one several years old to negotiate with too lol. Paying 90% of value of a 10 year old blue book For a 97% gun most of the time equals a home run. Then after spending a hour with it at home and the bluing kit, it was very near a 100 percenter and a bases clearing one lol. Not saying I agreed with these practices because I STRONGLY oppose them (a nod to God as I say this, thanking him for his mercy and grace given to me). Iím just saying Iíve saw some stuff and told much much more. Reckon I always looked a bit out of place, a youngster sitting around with old men, but thatís where all the knowledge was and they were mostly more than happy to share. Looking back, I believe some of them just liked to see if they could get one over on the other, many of them already ďhad enough money to burn a wet muleĒ in the middle of the lake. Guess I got off topic with the stroll down memory lane. Good men and good times.

Mr. Fjestad was a Giant in the gun world and May have very well contributed to our hobby more than anyone who wasnít a gun engineer and/or a manufacturer. Never met the man, think my father may have, but Iím saddened as he almost seems like family with as much time as Iíve spent carrying his books around. I always said and still do, if I can only have one gun book, itís the Blue Book of Gun values. Actually I can only think of one book period Iíd pick over it and thatís a King James Bible. Mr. Fjedstad will be missed but his books will carry on a every local gun show, gun shop, and swap meet. Hope there is someone of integrity to take his place.
    Last edited by big_gus; 08-16-2019 at 05:32 PM.
    LEO918 likes this.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit such crimes... such laws make things worse for the assualted and better for the assailants: they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man" Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2159 times
    RIP, always quick reference material until you specialize in certain models, then buy the Wilkerson, Brunner dedicated books.

Craig
    ei8ht likes this.
    NRA Life Member
    Colt Collectors Association
    CCDL Member
    Colt Woodsman Collector

Sponsored Links