Did I screw up?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Did I screw up?

Member #
    Liked
    1042 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald12 View Post
    Never did hear anything about the grip area I questioned??
    The picture is not a very good. Gun in person looked perfect, gaudy background, not included.
    Ronald12 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1042 times
    Might have to reconsider. LGS hasn't shipped it back yet. It does have style!!

Mosby likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    583 times
    Did you get it for the blued and case colored price or the nickel price? How long will you have to wait for a replacement?
    Proud NRA Endowment Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1042 times
    Quote Originally Posted by boykin View Post
    Did you get it for the blued and case colored price or the nickel price? How long will you have to wait for a replacement?
    No quote on turn time yet if I send back the nickel and wait on a blue. Like I said, LGS has not sent it yet. I can call them when they open in the morning and accept it. Then find out how it will take to see another.

Member #
    Liked
    1823 times
    No, wouldn't have sent that back!

Nickel + Ivory = Good.
    old tanker likes this.
    Colt snubbies rule.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    663 times
    Nope, Iíd send it back too. I never cared much for nickel either. Iím blued or stainless. I find it odd single actions are hot again, Iím guessing itís something I read about colt saying they might slow or cease production awhile back..???
    3 years ago you couldnít give a single action away. I literally turned down nib 3rd (Brown box) for 1100 often. The ONLY one I considered for that money was the 4 3/4 45. Bought a 44-40 sheriff 3rd nib for 900. About 100,000 people passed on it for a thousand lol. But then again when gold was at 1200, what last year, the gold guy was starving. Looked like a ghost town at his table. Now itís 17, his frig is full again. He and I were laughing about that yesterday. When it hits 2k, they will be standing in line again at his table to buy it, same with silver. I always think, wait shouldnít this be reversed. But I think well look at the snakes and single actions. When colt eventually closes the doors (till someone else picks it back up), you will have people scrambling to pay 5000-7500 for the same pistol they passed on last year for 1500.
    And just to be clear, Iím not criticizing anyone for buying a SAA now, I understand it. I too but things if they discontinued that I like. Itís the buying the exact same item at a much higher price (50% or more) simply cause everyone else is that I never understood.
    Last edited by big_gus; 08-19-2019 at 03:02 AM.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit such crimes... such laws make things worse for the assualted and better for the assailants: they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man" Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Member #
    Liked
    1042 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DJC View Post
    Well, Old Tanker, you should have called as you know I am a fool for those gaudy nickle plated pimp killers. I bet I could whack a really big pimp with that one but it is gone now.
    Dan, I gave in and filled out the 4473 this morning so the shiny gun is now mine. Are there pimps in North Dakota worthy of that much shooting?

005.JPG001.JPG003.JPG004.JPG
    Last edited by old tanker; 08-19-2019 at 04:57 PM. Reason: add pictures
    binggo, 68python and inspcalahan like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2546 times
    Regardless of what we provided as our opinions, you had to do what was best for you. Did you notify them about the mix up? Wonder if a person that got the C &B is waiting on the one you kept?

Member #
    Liked
    1042 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald12 View Post
    Regardless of what we provided as our opinions, you had to do what was best for you. Did you notify them about the mix up? Wonder if a person that got the C &B is waiting on the one you kept?
    I notified them and we have come to a mutually satisfactory conclusion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links