What is a year of life worth?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Like Tree203Likes

Thread: What is a year of life worth?

Member #
    Liked
    430 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SFC Rick View Post
    All replies are excellent posts on opinions and your reasoning behind them. I purchased a fine looking full engraved revolver for $2500 on Uberti's shop and over a year later it came in. I would never sell it but thought if I had too, $2500 wouldn't be enough due to the total money spent PLUS the time it took to wait for it. I know there is a limited market for it but surely it should be valued for a little more. I occasionally browse various gun sites and have never seen another one for sale. Hence I was curious about your opinions on the matter.
    You better have one rare highly sought after piece if you follow this logic. Think about all the anticipation you miss out on when buying something in stock. Instant gratification. Not me. You're probably too young to remember Sears catalogs for Christmas.
    SHOOTER13 and SFC Rick like this.

Member #
    Liked
    456 times
    Quote Originally Posted by crsides View Post
    You better have one rare highly sought after piece if you follow this logic. Think about all the anticipation you miss out on when buying something in stock. Instant gratification. Not me. You're probably too young to remember Sears catalogs for Christmas.
    Or the S & H green stamp catalog!
    SHOOTER13 and SFC Rick like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1142 times
    Well after being very ill for close to 12 years now...no amount of money can u put on a year of your life...it is priceless
    God Bless,John

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk
    Ugly, SFC Rick and ei8ht like this.
    "Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
    1. Jesus Christ
    2. The American G. I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1142 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Bowles View Post
    Things used to be different. This S&W Registered Magnum was ordered on October 13, 1936. The gun was made to order then sent, in the white, to Rudolph Kornbrath who fully engraved it and inlayed three gold initials. Once finished Kornbrath sent it back to S&W for final polishing and finishing then sent to the new owner in California who received his new magnum on November 19, 1936... THIRTY-SEVEN days after the original order was placed!

That is gorgeous...thank you for sharing it ..i love engraved guns that are done well... God Bless,John

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk
    SHOOTER13, SFC Rick and ei8ht like this.
    "Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
    1. Jesus Christ
    2. The American G. I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    "Does buying an object incur additional value because someone else paid that time out so you could buy that object with no time invested?"

That's a great question. Personally, I'd always rather make/build/grow something rather than buy it. We don't really buy many things today that require a wait. Maybe a house.

You don't say what you are waiting for. I guess that it is something that is not really required for your day-to-day living. I am currently waiting for a new holster (13 weeks and counting). I have about decided that I don't really need it. It was still okay a couple weeks ago, but now I don't know. It will be nice when I get it, but I could have learned how to do it myself by now.

20 years ago I built a small boat. It took over six months, but I was doing, not waiting. It was worth every minute of measuring, cutting, and sanding.

Of course an object incurs additional value from the time (and knowledge and skill) required to produce it. When I buy an object of art, I do think about the time and talent required to create it. It takes about eight hours to build a car in a modern factory, but how long, in how many minds, has it taken to evolve?
    29aholic, jringo8769 and SFC Rick like this.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links